fbpx

Predicted Australia Immigration intake for the year 2019-20

The Immigration target for the year 2019-20 is set by the Australian Department of Home Affairs. In the year 2019, over 70 % was allotted to Skilled Visa category and remaining 30% was allotted to Family Visa Category.

Learn more : Check out the process of Australian permanent residency 

Go through the predicted allocations for the immigration plan of the year 2019-20 given below:

Stream and CategoryImmigration intake
Skill Stream
Skilled Independent30,000
Regional18,652
Skilled Employed Sponsor Visa Subclass 49423,000
Skilled Worker Visa Subclass 4919,000
State/Territory Nominated Visa14,000
Business Innovation and Investment Program24,978
Global Talent6,862
Distinguished Talent5,000
Skill Total200
108, 682
Family Stream  
Partner
Parent39,799
Other Family7,371
Family Total562
47,732
Special Eligibility236
Children ( not estimated to ceiling)3,350
Total160,000

The immigration intake for the year 2019-20 is provided above but there are three loopholes that are going to take place under Skilled Migration category intake. Therefore, final figures will be released by DOHA.

a) Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional Visa Subclass 494 This category is going to replace the existing Regional Skilled Migration Scheme Visa from November 16, 2019. It seems DOHA will considered provincial visas as permanent visas as majority of the people will stick to keep the same job for the next three years to gain permanent residence status in Australia. The target is to grant 9000 visa to skilled workers and it is assumed that there will be hardly applicants in the November and upcoming a few months.

b) Skilled Work Regional Visa Subclass 491 For the year 2019-20, the target for this visa category is set at 14,000. This visa will be segregated into two pathways – State and Family Sponsored.

c) New Global Talent Visa The New Global talent Visa grants less than 30 visa in its first year. This program is a little thorny and difficult as compared to other similar company-sponsored visas. It is predicted that only 500 positions will be allocated out of 5000 visa places.

If you want to know more about the Australian Immigration and Permanent residency process, you can always speak to the team of Immigration experts of Make Visas. One of your Immigration experts will contact you at the earliest to discuss the Australian PR query. You can call us on +91-7042184185 or send your queries to info@makevisas.com.