Skilled Work Regional Visa Subclass 491
Australia Skilled Work Regional Visa Subclass 491 is a five-year provisional visa designed for Immigration candidates who wish to settle in Regional areas of Australia. This new visa category was introduced on November 6, 2019, by the Australian Immigration Department and has replaced the popular Regional visa called Skilled Regional Visa Subclass 489. Subclass 491 visa allows you to live, work and settle in a designated areas of Australia.
Read more : Requirements and Eligibility process of Australia Skiled Subclass 189 Visa
Benefits of Subclass 491 visa
Compared to the previous Subclass 489 visa, this new Subclass 491 visa has major advantages. Have a look at all the benefits this new visa category hold for the Immigration candidates:
- The right to live, work and study anywhere in designated areas of Australia.
- The right to travel in and out of the country as many times as you want till your visa is valid.
Read more : Requirements and Eligibility process of Australia Skiled Subclass 190 Visa
Summary of Subclass 491 visa
- This visa category is replaced by Subclass 489 and has annual allocation of 15,000 places. It is a points-based visa program which is initially valid for five years.
- The candidate needs to live and work for minimum three years in Regional area in order to be eligible to apply for Permanent residence visa which is Subclass 191 visa valid from November 16, 2022.
- Subclass 491 visa holders are not eligible to apply for any other Skilled PR visa or Subclass 820 partner visa for three years.
Requirements to apply Subclass 491 visa
To apply under Subclass 491 visa, there are below-given requirements which need to be fulfilled by Immigration candidates:
- Candidate should be less than 45 years of age at the time of receiving invitation.
- Candidate has to live and work for minimum of three years in designated Regional Area. Also, Candidate along with his/her partner have to earn a minimum income of $53,900 per year (which is for ths State sponsored stream for those three years
- Candidate needs to be nominated by State/territory government or should be sponsored by relatives living in a designated Regional Area.
Read more : How to apply for Australia Permanent Residency Visa ?
How points are allocated for Subclass 491 visa?
Like General Skilled Visa Programs, Subclass 491 visa is a poin-based visa based on factors such as age, eductaion qualification, International and Australia Work experience, English Language proficiency and Australian study. Check out how points are allocated for Subclass 491 visa:
- 15 points are allocated for Immigration candidates nominated by a State or Territory Government or sponorship by a family member residing in Regional Australia.
- 10 points for Skilled Spouse or De Facto Partner
- 10 points for candidates without spouse or De-Facto partner or candidates with Australian Permanent Resident/ citizen spouse or de-facto partner.
- 5 points of candidates with spouse or de-facto partner having competenet English and not permanent resident or Australia citizen
- 10 points for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) qualifications.
Read more : Check out the Australia Skilled Occupation List
How Subclass 491 visa can lead to permanent residency?
After residing for three years on Subclass 491 visa, Immigration candidates can apply for Subclass 191 visa (Permanent Residency) provided they have to meet the below-given criteria:
- Must live, study and work in a regional area for three years on Subclass 491 visa
- Have to show annual salary of minimum of $53,900 for three years.
For availing more information about Subclass 491 visa, contact our Immigration experts at +91-7042184185 or write down your queries at email@example.com.