Hong Kong has designed Quality Migrant Admission Scheme or QMAS Visa to attract the overseas immigrants who can contribute to the economy of Hong Kong. It is a quota-based scheme for talented and skilled individuals who wish to stay in Hong Kong for better job opportunities and or to start business activities.
You have to qualify all the eligibility requirements as well as pass the point based system. If you get the required score, you can fill the visa application to the Department of Hong Kong Immigration. All the candidates have to go through the selection criteria and selected candidates will receive an approval-in-principle accompanied by work permit/Visa grant. Selected Candidates can bring their spouse or dependent children(less than 18 years of age and is single) along with them. Check out the process, documents and eligibility requirement, processing time , and fees about this visa.
For being eligible to apply for the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme Visa , you need to meet the key requirements :
1) Candidate should be more than 18 years of age.
2) You and your accompanying family member should meet health and character requirements.
3) Candidate should have proficient written and spoken Chinese (Cantonese or Putonghua) or English language.
4) Candidate should be from the educational background. He/she must have Bachelor degree from a Recognized University or a territory educational institution.
5) You must have sufficient funds to provide accommodation and support financially your accompanying family members (should not be dependent on public assistance) in Hong Kong.
Apart from qualifying eligibility requirements of QMAS Visa, Candidates need to pass one of the points-based exam i.e. General Points based test or Achievement Points based test.
It consists of factors like Age, qualifications, work experience, language proficiency and family background. In order to be eligible to apply for Quality Migration Admission Scheme Visa program, candidates need to score minimum 80 points.
Note: the minimum marks change from time to time without any advance notice.
|51 or above||0|
|2||Academic/Professionals Qualifications||(Maximum 70 points)|
|Doctorate Degree/ Two or more Master’s Degree||40|
|Masters Degree/Two or more Bachelor’s Degree||20|
|Bachelor Degree/Professional qualification awarded by Internationally or nationally recognized or acclaimed professional body which demonstrates that the holder has a high level of technical expertise or skill||10|
|Additional points if a degree at Bachelor level or higher is awarded by renowned Institution recognized Internationally||30|
|3||Work experience||(Maximum 55 points)|
|Not less than 10 years’ graduate or specialist level work experience, including at least 5 years in a senior role||40|
|Not less than 5 years’ graduate or specialist level work experience, including at least 2 years in a senior role||30|
|Not less than 5 years’ graduate or specialist level work experience||15|
|Not less than 2 years’ graduate or specialist level work experience||5|
|Additional points for not less than 2 years’ graduate or specialist level work experience with international exposure||15|
|4||Language Proficiency||(Maximum 20 points)|
|Being proficient both in written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) and English||20|
|Being proficient in at least one foreign language (written and spoken) in addition to written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) or English||15|
|Being proficient in written and spoken Chinese (Putonghua or Cantonese) or English||10|
|5||Family Background||(Maximum 20 points)|
|At least one immediate family member (married spouse, parents, siblings, children) is a Hong Kong permanent resident residing in Hong Kong||5|
|Accompanying married spouse is educated to the equivalent level of a degree or above||5|
|5 points for each accompanying unmarried dependent child under the age of 18, maximum 10 points||5/10|
|Maximum 195 points|
Individuals with extra talent or skills can apply under this stream. Based on the below-given points candidates can score points:
1) You have to submit the biographical page of your latest passport.
2) Proof of your qualification, degrees, work experience in detail.
3) You have to submit all the required documents of the members who are accompanying you in Hong Kong.
4) You have to provide proof for Language proficiency exams (like IELTS OR TOEFL for English, PSC or HSK for Chinese)
5) All the documents should be in English or Chinese language if documents are in another language that candidates need to translate them into English or Chinese from a recognized translated body.
The average processing time to get this visa is between 6-9 months and the cost is around HK$3,105 per individual.
1) You can live and work in Hong Kong.
2) You can take your partner or a dependent child (who is less than 18 years of age and single) along with you.
3) You don’t have to seek local employer as an offer from the local employer is not a compulsion prior migrating to Hong Kong.
4) You can apply for Hong Kong citizenship after spending 7 years in Hong Kong.
5) You can stay in Hong Kong for the period of one year.
For availing more information about Hong Kong Quality Migration Admission Scheme (QMAS) Visa, call the official helpline +91-7042184185 /Email your queries on email@example.com.
Fill in your details for a quick call back