Short-Term Study Visa

The UK Short-term Study Visa is a multiple-entry visa for the nationals of outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland to do the short course of study in the UK. For being eligible to apply, you have to meet all the necessary requirements. The students can do their course study for up to six or eleven months. The nationals of EEA or Switzerland don’t need any visa to study in the UK. One can apply for a Short-term study visa if opting for a short course of study such as an English language course or a training course in UK pertaining to duration of 6-11 months.

Duration of The Stay

a) Your stay period in the UK depends on the course you have chosen. You can stay either for six months or 11 months depending on your course.
b) If you have taken an English language course and are 16 or above, you can stay in the UK for the eleven months.
c) If you have applied for any short course including English language courses or for any short-term research course, provided you are 16 or above, then you can stay in the UK for up to six months.

Benefits of the UK Short-Term Study Visa

a) You are eligible to do a short course of study in the UK, such as training course or English language courses.
b) If you are studying overseas, you can do a short period of research as an integral part of your degree course.


a) The extension period is not applicable for this visa.
b) Your family members can’t accompany you in the UK.
c) You can’t get the access to public funds.
d) Your participation in work and in any business activity is restricted during your stay.
e) You can’t study at a state-funded school.

Fees of this visa

a) If you intend to stay in the UK under a 6-month study visa, you have to pay £97.
b) For 11 months short study course, the fee is £186.

Eligibility requirements

You have to meet all the below-given eligibility requirements to apply for the UK short-term study visa:
a) You must have sufficient funds to support yourself without taking any access of public funds or any help from the relatives.
b) You need to ensure that you have money to pay for your return or onward journey.
c) You need to take permission from your parents or guardian to study in the UK if you are less than 18.

Documents requirements

a) You have to submit your latest passport or any other travel documents that contain your personal ID.
b) You need to submit bank statements or pay slips for the last 6 months, to show that you have desired funds to support yourself during the stay.
c) You have to provide contact details about your at least one parent or guardian in your native country if you’re less than 18 years.
d) If your documents are not available in English or Welsh, you need to submit the certified translated documents.
e) You have to submit your course details and the letter of acceptance from the educational Institution where you will study.

How to apply?

If you are planning to Immigrate to the UK on the short-term study visa, you must apply via online. The applicants from North Korea can’t apply through an online portal; they have to download the application form and have to fill the form accordingly. You have to provide your bio metric information as part of your visa application.

For availing more information about Short-term Study Visa, call on the official helpline +91-7042184185 or drop your queries on info@makevisas.com. And, don’t delay your precious time and contact us today for signing up for UK Short-term Study Visa Immigration.