Representative of an Overseas Business visa
The Representative of an overseas Business Visa is the pathway for the Multi-national companies to establish their commercial presence in the UK. The candidates must be outside from European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and are sole representative of an overseas company with the plan of setting a branch in the UK. After spending 5 years in the UK on this visa, you may apply for the indefinite leave to remain.
Through the medium of this visa overseas companies are permitted to send one representative to UK in order to set up a branch or subsidiary office, including carrying out market research, registering the company in the UK and negotiating with suppliers and customers.
Duration of the visa
The applicant can stay on the Representative of an Overseas Business Visa for the span of three years. If you want to continue your stay in the UK, you may apply for the extension for the next two years. After spending five years in the UK, you can look forward to apply for the settlement in the UK on the permanent basis.
Processing time and Fees
|Visa||90% of non-settlement applications||98% of applications||100 % of applications|
|Sole Representative Visa||3 weeks||6 weeks||12 weeks|
Fees of the visa
- Sole Representatives
|Number of applicants||Fees|
|Additional dependent applicants||£704 each|
Benefits of the Representative of an Overseas Business Visa
- You are free to work for your employer for full-time.
- You can bring your family members along with you to the UK.
- If you want to continue your stay in the UK, you can apply for the extension multiple times.
- After been on this visa for 5 years, you may apply to settle in the UK.
Restrictions of this visa
- If you are the holder of the other visa category in the UK, you can’t switch to this visa.
- You will not be accessible to public funds.
- If the sole representative is finished by your employer, you have to leave the UK as you can no longer stay in the UK.
- You can’t put your hand in other businesses in the UK and you are not even allowed to work for yourself.
Eligibility requirements of the Representative of an Overseas Business Visa
If you want to come to the UK on this visa, you have to meet the following eligibility requirements to qualify:
- The applicant should be outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
- The applicants have to meet the requirements of an English language as assigned by the UK embassy.
- You need to have adequate money to support yourself and your living expenses like accommodation cost, travelling cost etc during your stay in the UK. You will not get the access to public funds in the UK.
- If you are arriving in the UK as a sole representatives, you have to meet the below-given guidelines:
- a) You should hold the senior position in the company and have full power to make powerful decisions in the company.
- b) You must be employed by the company outside the UK whose parent branch is outside the UK.
- c) You have plans to establish the register branch for the first commercial presence in the UK.
Documents required for this visa
- You have to submit your latest passport or any other travel documents that have your personal details.
- You have to provide evidence like your bank statements or your pay slips for the last 6 months to show that you can support yourself and accompanying members (if any) in the UK.
- You have to submit your English language exam score to prove your English proficiency.
- If your documents are not available in English or Welsh, you need to get it translated from the certified translating authority.
- You have to submit your details about your residing place in the UK.
- If you are applying as sole representatives of an overseas company, you need to submit the complete information about your parent company including its assets and accounts and the letter of confirmation stating that the overseas company will set a branch in the UK in the same business as the parent company. In addition, you also have to provide all the details about your job including, salary details and letter of employment and a letter stating that you are familiar with the company and have the authority to take decisions for the betterment of the company.
- If you have applied as a sole representative, you have to show that you are employed by the parent company and are not the majority share holder in the company and are committed to work full-time for the company. Further, you need to provide evidence related to the fact that you were recruited outside the UK and holds senior position in the company having the rights to make powerful decisions and can establish and operate a register branch.
Apply for the Representatives of an Overseas Business Visa
- If you are applying outside the UK, you have to apply online for the visa. You have to submit your biometric information and photograph as part of the visa application.
- If you are applying from the North Korea, you can’t apply online. You have to download the application form and complete the required details.
- If you are already in the UK, you can only apply for the extension on your existing visa.
For availing more information about the Representatives of an Overseas Business Visa, you may drop a call at official helpline +91-7042184185 or email our queries on email@example.com.