Residency from work

New Zealand government offers skilled individuals who are working in the nation under a work to residence visa program, a chance to be a permanent resident and enjoy legal privileges which are equal to that of New Zealand citizen’s.

Once you’ve earned two years working experience in New Zealand you get eligible for a residency status under the Residence from Work Visa Program.

If you were working under a work to residence visa (accredited employer) in New Zealand, you will apply for a residence visa under Residence from Work (Accredited Employers) Category, similarly if your experience of 2 years was earned under work to residence visa (long term skill shortage list) then you must apply under Residence from Work (long term skill shortage list) Category.

What you need to be eligible for the Visa Program?
Basic Requirements

  • 2 years working experience in New Zealand under Work to Residence visa in either ‘Accredited Employers’ or ‘long term skill shortage list’ category.
  • Health and character certificates.
  • Meet a certain level of ability in spoken and written English.
  • Aged 55 or below.

How Residency from work visa works?

In this visa program, you can straight away file your visa application, if you meet the eligibility requirements for a Residency from work visa, by lodging a paper application to the business migration branch in New Zealand with all the required documents. At the time of filing your application, the candidates must be in New Zealand.

How much time does the process takes?

The Duration for Visa processing depends upon the particular case lodged and is based on personal circumstances.
A time period of 21 to 54 working days on average is taken to process this visa application for overseas applicants if all the requirements are met.

Benefits for Residency from work visa

  • Live, work and study in New Zealand.
  • Apply for New Zealand citizenship.
  • Sponsor relatives for permanent residence, if they fulfill the eligibility requirements.
  • Access medical and social security benefit.