US A1 A2 A3 Diplomatic Visa

The A visas have three categories A1, A2, and A3 under USA Immigration. These visas are issued to a diplomat, consular staff, any foreign government official, their family members, and personal employees. A spouse or minor child is eligible for the same A visa category as a principal worker. And, a domestic servant, attendant, and a personal employee are eligible for an A3 visa. The individual holding an A type visa can only use this visa to do any official business on behalf of their own country.

A1 Visa

An A1 visa is used for a foreign dignitary who represents their own country and does official business representing their own country in the US. They could be head of a state, cabinet minister, minister, delegate from the European Union and African Union, consul, and ambassador. The A1 visa holder travels on a diplomatic passport.

A2 Visa

An A2 Visa is for full-time government workers doing official business of their own country at a consulate, embassy, mission or military base in the US. Out of those holding this visa, some of them travel on a diplomatic passport while some do not. It depends on the type and diplomatic rank of the position.

A3 Visa

An A3 Visa is a particular domestic servant, attendant, and personal employer of those foreign officials who hold A1 and A2 Visas. For this visa, an employment contract is a must with an official holding either A1 or A2. This contract must prove that the A3 employee will be given at least minimum wage, and those employers holding A1 or A2 visas will firmly obey all applicable federal, state, and local labour and employment laws in the US. The person having A3 visa must be given permission to keep their passport and a copy of the employment contract.

Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (Form DS-160)

A candidate has to complete the online visa application (Form DS-160) and print the confirmation page of the application form. It is a must for the applicant to submit the confirmation page as a part of their application. And, the applicant has to upload their photo when they will complete their online Form DS-160. This photo mustn’t be older than six months and should be added systematically.

Documents For A Visas

The individuals applying for A category visas need to collect and send the necessary documents to the US Embassy or Consulate in their own country. The following lists the documents:

  1. Passport
  2. Non Immigrant Visa Application ( Form DS-160 ) confirmation page (if someone applying from outside the US)
  3. Photo
  4. A diplomatic note
  5. A copy of both the I-94 (both back and front) and the visa for the main visa holder is a must (for immediate family members who are applying separately from the main visa candidate).

All A category visas A1, A2, and A3 are granted directly at a US consulate or Embassy in the country of candidates. It is compulsory for a candidate to show an official ‘diplomatic note’ that is issued by the government of the country sending its officials to the USA. This note has to include the official or government employee’s complete name, position, date of birth, location of the assignment in the US, duties, and expected period of the tour of duty or assignment. Apart from this, the note must have the names, dates of birth, and relationship to the principal of any dependent family members, personal employees, or attendants who will join the principal visa holder.

For availing more information about the USA immigration and US visas,  feel free to get in touch with the Immigration professionals, call the corporate hotline +91-7042 184 185 / email your queries on info@makevisas.com. You can directly walk-in to our nearby office for more details and inquiry.

Review Date
Reviewed Item
Thanks Make Visas for the brilliant service. Thanks make visas for the same.
Author Rating