TD and TN Visa USA
TN Visa Or TD Visa USA
A TN visa is issued to a Mexican or Canadian who has an employment offer in the US. The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) provides the TN-1 visa to a Canadian citizen and the TN-2 to a Mexican one. The TN-1 visa is made to be same as the US H1 B visa.
Note: it’s more convenient and cheaper to apply for TN Visa at the border instead of applying to the USCIS.
Although the list of TN eligible professions is given below and other necessary points about the TN and TD visas are provided in this article, you will definitely still need an efficient and experienced immigration professional for the application completion tips, document preparing advice, and interview facing impressive methods and so on. Uncountable qualified candidates tend to have a misunderstanding that they can do everything on their own, which leads to their rejections. The proficient USA immigration specialist will keep you updated with the latest policies, rules, etc. apart from that, you will feel light after having someone as a professional support behind you.
TN 1 Visa Requirements
The following are the TN 1 requirements that must be satisfied by a Canadian to get this visa:
- You must prove your Canadian citizenship by providing your birth certificate, passport, or naturalization papers.
- You have to qualify as per the list “Professionals under the NAFTA.
- You have an employment offer from a USA company in any of the qualifying professions. The company has to recruit someone having your skills. The job letter has to be on official letterhead, and it must list the job as any position on the NAFTA list.
- You have to fulfill your job’s qualification requirements.
TN 1 Visa Application
The TN-1 visa is issued for a specific employer. If you need multiple employers one, you have to make multiple TN-1 visa applications. An individual who is self-employed is not eligible for this visa, and they should go for the E-2 Treaty Investor visa. Although you can apply for the TN-1 visa with minimal documentation, you must carry the documents given below at the border:
- A thorough description of your position from the US employer in which it must be confirmed that this position is temporary and for a fixed duration. And, the description should also have full details of why it is a professional occupation. It must be clear that the applicant will be a direct worker and the salary. The last but not the least, some necessary information about the kind of the employer’s business must be mentioned.
- You need to have the proof of your qualifications that confirms the US equivalency or a foreign qualification. This confirmation is mostly received from a qualified credentials evaluator or US academic. It needs to have the company of a verbatim translation or a certificate or transcript in languages except for English.
- Your resume copy is a must.
- You must have your original Canadian passport and your previous passport copies, visa stamps, and I-94s.
- You need to have your Social Security Number (if applicable).
- You must give your foreign address details.
- It’s important to have a job contract copy.
- You should have details of the company hiring you like their ability to pay you your wages offered.
- You may need to have a licence to work in the USA (if relevant).
As the US border officials keep their country’s safety first, so your border interview is compulsory. If they find you qualified, despite having your valid TN application, they won’t let you enter the country. It’s wise for you to research and know about the entry points are convenient and suitable for such type of visa application. If you are allowed to enter the USA, you receive an electronic I-94 card.
TN 2 Visa Requirements
As already mentioned earlier, the TN 2 visa issued to a Mexican employee who desires to work in the USA temporarily.
To fulfill the TN 2 visa requirements, you are required to have the following:
- You must prove your Mexican citizenship.
- Your Mexican passport should be valid for minimum six months after your leaving the US.
- A job offer is a must for you.
- A job on the NAFTA list is necessary.
- You must possess the appropriate credentials for your profession like licensing and degrees.
- You must intend to stay for 3 years or less in the USA.
- Having a non-immigrant visa from the US Consulate is a must.
- You should have Form DS-156 nonimmigrant visa application.
- You need to possess Form DS-157 Supplemental nonimmigrant visa application if you are men aged between 16 and 45.
TN 2 Visa Application
Any Mexican who wants to apply for a TN 2 visa the US Consulate has to face an interview. The interview fee is $160. In the interview, the candidate needs to demonstrate that they want to stay in the US temporarily and prove either their educational qualification or the relevant work experience.
The professional qualifications may include the following:
- A letter from the employer showing your work experience
- Memberships of professional organizations
- Professional licences
What Is A TD Visa
The TD visa is a nonimmigrant US visa category that makes possible for the lawful spouse and children (below 21) of a TN visa holder to stay in the USA with them. A TN visa is issued to a national of Mexico or Canada as per the terms of the North American Free Trade Agreement also known as NAFTA. These dependents can study in the US but can’t work on the basis of a TD visa. But, they can apply for any different visa to work on the basis of that visa.
TD Visa Requirements
The following are the TD visa requirements that must be satisfied by a candidate:
- The applicant has to prove their relationship with the TN visa holder by providing either a marriage certificate or birth certificate.
- It must be kept in mind that the individual holding TN visa can be a Canadian or Mexican national, but a dependent can be any other country national.
- Both the TN and TD visas are permitted for an initial period of three years. A dependent having a TD visa, generally, will be granted to stay in the USA for the same period of time as the TN visa holder but no more than that.
- Due to being dependent on TN, a TD visa holder can apply for unlimited 1-year extensions, but the condition is the TN visa must be valid.
TD Visa Application
A Mexican can make their TD visa application in their own country (Mexico) at a US Embassy or consulate before they travel to the US.
And, a Canadian can make their TD visa application at the border or port of entry. They have to show their Canadian citizenship as a proof and their relationship proof with the TN visa holder (marriage or birth certificate). As it is a dependent visa, the validity of the TD visa is dependent on the relevant TN visa remaining valid. Therefore, the individual having the TN visa may be asked to prove that they still fulfill the necessary requirements for their visa.
TN Visa Processing Time
The TN visa processing time when applying for this visa may consume a few hours. But, if it is petitioned by mail, the processing for processing the petition is subject to the workload of the USCIS service centre. In most cases, one can expect their application to processed in around six months. But, the applicant can take advantage by paying an extra fee for the premium processing, which will speed up their TN petition processing to 15 calendar days.
It’s prudent to remember that the premium processing can reduce the processing time, but it can’t increase the application acceptance possibility. If the USCIS is unable to process the petition in that time after the candidate has filed the I-907 premium processing for, the premium processing fee of the candidate will be refunded and the application will go through the processing normally.
TN Visa Professions
The following are the TN visa professions that are eligible:
The list of professions needs a Licenciatura or Baccalaureate Degree:
- Animal Breeder
- Animal Scientist
- Dairy Scientist
- Forestry Specialist
- Landscape Architect
- Plant Breeder
- Poultry Scientist
- Range Manager/Range Conservationalist
- Recreational Therapist
- Research Assistant (at post-secondary school)
- Social Worker
- Soil Scientist
- Urban Planner
- Vocational Counsellor
- College Teacher
- Seminary Teacher
- University Teacher
The list of professions that need a Licenciatura or Baccalaureate Degree or provincial/state/federal licence:
- Land Surveyor
- Occupational Therapist
- Physiotherapist/Physical Therapist
The following two professions need a provincial/state licence or Licenciatura Degree:
- Registered nurse
The following is the list of professions need a Baccalaureate, Licenciatura Degree, or Post-Secondary Diploma/Post-Secondary Certificate and 3-year experience:
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Graphic Designer
- Hotel Manager (degree and/or experience must specialize in hotel or restaurant management)
- Industrial Designer
- Interior Designer
- Medical Laboratory Technologist (Canada)
- Medical Technologist (Mexico and the U.S.)
- Technical Publications Writer
The following is the list of other eligible professions with educational requirements for each of them:
- Accountant: Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree; or a C.P.A., C.A., C.G.A., or C.M.A. certification
- Dentist:D.S., D.M.D., Doctor en Odontologia or Doctor en Cirugia Dental; or state or provincial license
- Disaster Relief Insurance Claims Adjuster: Either a Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree plus successful training in insurance claims and disaster relief or three years of experience working in claims adjustment plus successfully completing relevant job training
- Lawyer (Including Notary in Quebec): B., J.D., LL.L., B.C.L., or Licenciatura Degree (five years); or a member of a state or provincial bar
- Librarian: L.S. or B.L.S. (with a Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree)
- Management Consultant: Baccalaureate or Licenciatura Degree or five years of professional experience as a management consultant or in a related field
- Scientific Technician or Technologist: Theoretical knowledge of agricultural sciences, astronomy, biology, chemistry, engineering, forestry, geology, geophysics, meteorology, or physics, plus the ability to solve practical problems or conduct basic or applied research in your area
- Teaching or Research Physician:D. or Doctor en Medicine or state or provincial license
- Veterinarian:V.M., D.M.V., or Doctor en Veterinaria, or state/provincial license
For availing more information about the TN (TN 1 and TN 2) and TD visas for the USA immigration, call the corporate hotline +91-7042 184 185 / email your queries on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can directly walk-in to our nearby office for more details and inquiry.