Ontario Investor Program is designed to invite International Businesspeople or Entrepreneurs who want to start a new business idea or planning to buy an existing business in the province. This is the easiest opportunity for Entrepreneurs to be nominated for permanent residency who have established a successful business in Ontario. To get the Canada permanent residency in Ontario through investing in Canada, you can choose from the Ontario Corporate Stream and the Ontario Entrepreneur Stream.
To be eligible to apply under Ontario Entrepreneur Stream, the prinicpal applicant and his/her Business partner (if any) have to meet the minimum requirements:
a) Business Experience
· You need to have at least 2 years of full-time business experience in the last 5 years.
· Your must be a senior manager or a business owner in your full-time business experience. And, being a business owner, you must have active participation in your business and hold at least one-third of the business, OR, if you are a Senior Manager, you must have held a senior-decision making duties and responsibilities in the business.
2) Net Worth
· If your proposed business is located within the Greater Toronto Area (City of Toronto and Durham, Halton, York, and Peel regions), you must have a minimum net worth of 800,000 CDN.
· If your proposed business is located outside of the Greater Toronto Area, you must have a minimum net worth of $400,000 CDN.
· If your proposed business is under the Information and Communications Technology /Digital Communications Sector then, in spite of the location, you must have a minimum net worth of $400,000 CDN.
3) Personal investment funds and minimum equity
· If your proposed business will be located within the GTA, you have to make a minimum personal investment of $600,000 CDN and be in command of on at least one-third of the equity in the business.
· If your proposed business will be located within the GTA, you have to make a minimum personal investment of $200,000 CDN and be in command of on at least one-third of the equity in the business.
· If your proposed business is under the Information and communications technology/digital communications sector, then in spite of location, you have to make a minimum personal investment of $200,000 CDN and be in command of on at least one-third of the equity in the business.
5) Active Involvement and Capital Investment purpose
The major intention behind making an investment capital in the business is to generate profit and you must have active and constant participation in the management of the business.
4) Job creation
· If the business is located inside the GTA, you have to create at least two permanent and full-time jobs for the citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
· If the business is located outside the GTA or under the Information and Communication Technology or Digital Communication Sector, despite location, you have to create at least one permanent and full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
· Your business should create jobs within the first 20 months of establishing the business, or
· Jobs must be created within the first 20 months of establishing or acquiring the business, must be filled continuously for at least 10 months and must be paid at the median wage level for the position.
5) Supplementary requirements if buying an existing business
If you have plans to buy an existing business, you have to meet the below-given requirements:
· You have to make at least one business-related visit to Ontario in 12 months since the day you have registered Expression of Interest.
· The business which you are planning to purchase should be active and have held continuously by the same owner(s) for the last 60 months.
· The business ownership should be directly and entirely transferred to the applicant or any business partner (if any).
· You have to use at least 10% of your personal investment to improve or develop the business in Ontario.
· You have to keep all permanent full-time employees who worked in the business before transferring the ownership.
6) Nomination requirements
Once you have launched your business and met Performance Agreement, you have to meet the following requirements:
If you are nominated
If you are not nominated, you will be informed by email.
Calculate your points
Below-given is the Points system where your points will be calculated on factors such as experience, investment and Human. The registration criterion is entirely based on the information you have provided.
Fill in your details for a quick call back