Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 is a Permanent residency program under Skilled Migration visa program for the skilled workers who want to take forward their career in Australia. It is a common way for 457 visa holders to qualify for permanent residence, but has a higher skill level than the 457 visa.
- 186 visa program is a 2-step process, first is to be nomination under an approved Australian employer and secondly submit an application under the nominated stream.
- Applicant can be inside or outside Australia when they apply for the visa. Applicant must have a valid visa or bridging visa A, B, or C to apply for this visa, if in Australia.
The 186 visa has three categories:
- a) Temporary Residence Transition stream:Is for the Subclass 457 visa holders, holding 2 years of experience in the same occupation and with their nominating employer who wants to offer them a permanent position under the same occupation.
- b) Direct Entry stream:Applicants who receive employer nomination or are not qualified under the Temporary Residence Transition Stream are eligible for direct entry stream. Applicants who never worked or worked for short duration in Australia can apply for this stream.
- c) Agreement stream: Is for the applicants who are sponsored by an employer through an authorized labor agreement.
Australia Subclass 186 visa requirements:
Applicants might be eligible for this visa, if they:
- Have proficient English language skills
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Are less than 50 years of age
- Qualifies requirements stated under the stream.
- have acquired nomination through an authorized employer in Australia in 6 months after applying for Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186
- Have qualified requirements for the nominated job position.
If the applicant is above 50 years of age, he or she is still eligible to apply for Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186, in case the applicant:
- Is appointed under the designation of a Senior Academic (Faculty Head/University Lecturer) by an Australian university.
- Is appointed under the designation of a Scientist, Researcher or Technical specialist under ANZSCO skill level 1/2 by a government scientific institution in Australia.
- Is appointed under the designation of a medical practitioner with a working experience of minimum 4 years in the nominated job profile while being subclass 422 or Subclass 457 visa holder, before applying for visa(must have minimum 2 years of employment situated in Australia’s regional area).
- Is appointed under the designation of a medical practitioner who have a working experience under the nominated occupation while being a 422 visa holder prior being subclass 457 visa holder for a time period of 2 years within 4 years prior applying for the visa. From which minimum 2 years of employment must be situated in Australia’s regional area
- Is submitting the visa application under the Direct Entry stream and is a subclass 444 visa holder (citizen of New Zealand) or Subclass 461 visa holder (family member of New Zealand citizen) and have working experience under the employer who offered the nomination of minimum 2 years in the last 3 years prior applying for the visa.
- Is submitting the visa application under the Temporary Residence Transition stream, and have working experience under the employer who offered the nomination of minimum 4 years while being a Subclass 457 visa holder and the applicant is being paid a minimum amount equivalent to that of the Fair Work High Income Threshold in every year of last 4 years
- Is submitting the visa application under the Agreement stream and the related labour agreement permits the applicant to get employed.
2) English language requirements
Applicant has to submit below mentioned proofs while filing for the visa to demonstrate that you have an adequate level of English proficiency:
- Minimum eligible score required from a particular English language examination under the Temporary Residence Transition stream or the Direct Entry stream which was organized in the 3 years before the visa application submission date
- A valid passport provided by the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland and proofs stating that the applicant is a citizen of the same country.
Applicant is exempted from submitting the adequate English language skills, if the applicant:
- Have shown his/her earnings as minimum and equal to the present Taxation Office top individual income tax rate in Australia (i.e. presently AUD 180,001), Although in case the applicant doesn’t acquire functional English, the second installment will be paid by them as a part of the visa application charges.
- Applicant is applying through the Temporary Residence Transition stream and either has acquired minimum 5 years of full-time education from a secondary or higher academic institution, or entire tuition learning was received in English language.
3) Health and Character requirements
Applicants have to meet the health and character requirements. The health exam depends upon the factors like time spent in nation(s) from the last 5 years, nation of citizenship. The health exam results are valid up to twelve months. The health exam is mandatory for all the members included in the visa application along with the applicant.
A police clearance certificate from every nation(s) where applicant has resided in, from last 12 months during the past 10 years after turning 16 years of age must be submitted.
Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 visa application process:
The right time to apply for this visa, is when the employer have filed their nomination. Applicant has to reply within less than 6 months after post nomination approval.
- If the applicant is 18 years or above, he/she must sign the Australian values statement in order to assure that they will respect the Australian way of life and follow Australian laws. This statement is attached with visa application form.
- Applicants have to provide all the documents mentioned in a visa application as a proof.
- If the documents are not in English language, you have to submit authorized English translated documents.
- Applicant has to fulfill all the health and character requirements.
- If the applicant is married, separated, or in de-facto relationship, he/she has to submit marriage certificate, separation certificate as per the requirement.
- Applicants and other accompanying members added in the visa application have to provide the birth documents mentioning both the parent’s names.
- If the applicant wants to take a child (less than 18 years of age) to Australia, and the child’s parent/guardian are not mentioned in the visa application, documents proofs stating that the primary applicant has lawful right to take the child to Australia, should be given like-
- Authorized copy of a court-issued parental custody, access or guardianship order
- Statutory declaration stating permission
- Consent form in order to approve the Australian visa for 18 years below child
Subclass 186 visa processing time:
Candidate must note that the visa application might take longer duration in case the candidate requires character or health certifications or to add some additional data.
186 visa conditions after granted:
When 186 visa is granted, the Australian immigration authorities will provide information related:
- When Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 can be used
- Visa grant number
- Conditions related to the visa
Subclass 186 Visa Application Process cost:
Employer Nomination scheme (subclass 186) cost modifies with time. If there is any hike in cost, between the filing date of the application and the date when the immigration authorities have received the application, applicant has to pay the modified application charge.
Note: All the charges will be in dollars.
Benefits of Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186
Employer Nomination Scheme Subclass 186 is a form of a permanent residency visa. It allows the primary applicant and his or her family members whose visa grant has been approved to:
- Reside in Australia permanently.
- Get employment and education in Australia.
- Get registered in Medicare which is Australia’s program for health care and related expenditure.
- Apply for citizenship in Australia, in case the applicant is eligible.
- Nominate/sponsor family relatives who are eligible for permanent residency.
- Travel to and fro in Australia for a period of 5 years counting from the date of visa.
If you would like us to discuss your eligibility for business migration or if you would like to start your visa process with us, you can book a consultation through our official website or call us on 011-48414141. We at Make visas offer invaluable service to our customers for overseas immigration.
FILL A FREE ASSESSMENT FORM HERE
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Subclass 187
Business Innovation and Investor visa (subclass 188)
Skilled independent visa-Subclass 189
Skilled Nominated visa- Subclass 190