The investor stream of Business Innovation and Investor stream (subclass 188) under Australian Immigration is for those individuals who wish to invest an amount of minimum AUD1.5 million in an Australian state or territory and manage business and investment in Australia.
To apply under investor stream of Business Innovation and Investor stream (subclass 188), the applicant must:
- Be less than 55 years of age.
- Attain a minimum score of 65 on the points test.
- Have acquired a high level of management skill related to the investment or business venture.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in managing one or more qualifying businesses or eligible investments.
- Have a successful investment record or qualifying business activity.
- Have a genuine and realistic commitment to continuing your business and investment activity in Australia after the original investment has matured.
- Have a genuine intention to live for at least two years in the state or territory in which you have made a designated investment.
You, your partner, or you and your partner combined must for at least one of the five fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply, have directly managed one of the following:
- A qualifying business in which you, your partner or you and your partner combined had at least 10 per cent ownership interest, or eligible investments owned by you, your partner or you and your partner combined of at least AUD1.5 million.
- During the two fiscal years immediately before you are invited to apply, have legally acquired net business, investment and personal assets of at least AUD2.25 million that are available for legal transfer to Australia within two years of the visa being granted.
- Make a designated investment of at least AUD1.5 million in a state or territory government security using unencumbered funds accumulated from qualifying businesses or eligible investments and be prepared to hold that investment for at least four years from date of issue in your nominating state or territory.
- Have had no involvement in unacceptable activities.
You must have a genuine and realistic commitment to:
- Reside in the state or territory whose government agency nominated you.
- Continue your business and investment activity in Australia after the conclusion of your provisional visa.
- Live in Australia for at least 40 days per year (calculated cumulatively) for the duration of your provisional visa, or your spouse to live for at least 180 days per year (calculated cumulatively) for the duration of your provisional visa.
Documents required under Investor stream:
Applicant must submit the given documents at the time of filing visa application under the Temporary Residence Transition stream.
Skills and qualifications
Under the investor stream, the skills are not examined as the applicant have already acquired a 2 years working experience under the nominating employer in Australia.
In case required, Registration, licensing or professional membership documents for the nominated occupation which is available in the state or territory, applicant will be employed must be submitted. Documents from the Australian registration and licensing authority, stating that the applicant qualifies or will be qualifying the needful criteria of the authorities will be submitted.
Those documents must mention the following:
- Registration/licensing type.
- Registration/licensing authority’s name and contact details.
The Applicant must be below the age of 50 years while applying for visa. And, in case the applicant is spared from the above requirement, he/she must submit proof related any of the following points:
- Applicant is a researcher, scientist or technical specialist at ANZSCO skill level 1 or 2 and will be employed at Australian government research agency.
- Applicant is an academic, working at an academic level of A, B, C, D or E under an Australian university.
- Applicant is appointed under the designation of a medical practitioner with a working experience of minimum 4 years in the nominated job profile while being subclass 422 visa holder prior applying for visa. From which minimum 2 years of employment must be situated in Australia’s regional area.
- Applicant is appointed under the designation of a medical practitioner who have a working experience under the nominated occupation while being a 422 visa holder prior being subclass 457 visa holder for a time period of 2 years within 4 years prior applying for the visa. From which minimum 2 years of employment must be situated in Australia’s regional area.
- Applicant is a subclass 444 visa holder (citizen of New Zealand) or Subclass 461 visa holder (family member of New Zealand citizen) and have working experience under the employer who offered the nomination of minimum 2 years in the last 3 years prior applying for the visa.
2. English language proficiency
An authorized English language examination report conducted less than 3 years before visa application, stating that the applicant has acquired minimum competent level of English must be submitted. In order to state that the applicant qualifies the competent level of English, he/she must submit proof for any one of the following statement:
- Applicant acquired a valid passport provided by the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland and proofs stating that the applicant is a citizen of the same country.
- An IELTS test score of minimum 5 bands in each of the module (speaking, reading, listening and writing) conducted within the 3 years prior visa application.
- An OET, Occupational English Test score of minimum ‘B’ in each of the four test sections conducted within the 3 years prior visa application.
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test) minimum score of 4 in listening, 4 in reading, 14 in writing and 14 in speaking conducted within the 3 years prior visa application.
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) minimum score of 36 in each test level (speaking, reading, listening and writing) conducted within the 3 years prior visa application.
- CAE (Cambridge English: Advanced) minimum score of 154 in each level (speaking, reading, listening and writing) conducted on or post 1 January 2015 and prior visa application.
In case the applicant is spared from the English language requirement, he/she must submit proof stating that one of the following statement is applicable:
- Applicant will be earning equivalent to, or higher than the top individual income tax rate as stated by the Australian Taxation Office. Kindly note that in case, the applicant don’t hold functional English, they will have to pay the second installment of the visa application charges.
- Applicant has acquired minimum 5 years of full-time education under a secondary/higher academic institution where the learning language was English.
For applicants included in the list and are aged 18 years or above while applying for the visa, any one of the following statement must be fulfilled:
(It is not mandatory to submit the proofs while you are applying for the visa but the visa application will not be approved until unless the proofs are been submitted)
- Applicant acquires functional English.
- In case the applicant doesn’t have minimum of functional English, second installment of the visa application charges will be paid.
For availing more information on the Investor Stream under Business Innovation and Investor (Subclass-188) ,visit our official website or call: 011-48414141.
Back to: Business Innovation and Investor Visa (Subclass 188)
Significant Investor Stream under Subclass 188 Visa.
Entrepreneur Stream Under Subclass 188 Visa.
Business Innovation Stream Under Subclass 188 Visa.
Premium Investor Stream Under Subclass 188 Visa.