usa immigration
Home > USA Immigration > Work Visa > L-1B Intra-company Transfer specialized knowledge (Temporary work visas)
L-1B Intra-company Transfer specialized knowledge (Temporary work visas)

The L-1B Intra-company Transfer (specialized) visa allows a U.S. employer to transfer a skilled employee with specialized knowledge related to the organization from one of its registered foreign offices to its US Branch office.  This visa also enables a foreign company to send their employee of specialized knowledge in the United States in order to establish its first US Branch.

What you need to be eligible for the Visa Program?
Basic Requirements

For the employer:

  • Have a registered foreign company.
  • Currently is or in future will be an employer in the United States.

For employee:

  • Working continuous for a registered organization abroad up to a period of at least 1 year within the 3 years immediately preceding his or her admission to the United States.
  • Perform the job duties in the specialized knowledge category for a branch of the same employer in US.

How L-1B Intra-company Transfer (specialized) visa works?

Step 1 – Your employer will file a petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigration

Services and transfer you to or for his branch in US. Supporting documents to prove that both the U.S. branch and the foreign Company meet the qualifying factors set forth in the law and regulations are to be submitted along with the petition.

Step 2 – After the approval of the petition, the applicant can apply for an L-1B visa at a consulate or embassy of the United States

How much time does the process takes?

The Duration for Visa processing depends upon the particular case lodged and is based on personal circumstances.
A time period of 30-90 days on average is taken to process this visa application for overseas applicants if all the requirements are met.

Benefits for L-1B Intra-company Transfer (specialized) visa

  • Work in US under your sponsor employer for a period of 3 years on the first visa with an extension of 2 years.
  • Travel in and out of US under the L1B visa status.
  • Obtain visas for your spouse and children below the age of 21.
  • You can apply for a green card (permanent residency) without disturbing your L1B status.
  • No academic degree required for this visa as educational qualification is not a set criteria for the visa program.
  • Your spouse on L2 visa may apply for employment authorization in US.

BlogsLatest Blogs
BlogsLatest News

Your First Step to Successful Immigration to USA

  1. Take a free assessment for a detail report on your immigration plan.
  2. Find out where you stand on the eligibility criteria to improve your chances of getting a green card.
  3. Find out your matching job profile with USA OCCUPATION LIST
  4. Contact us to get the best immigration assistance on US Immigration.


Contact Make Visas and get an expert opinion for all your migration needs with an unmatched assistance from our
renowned Immigration Consultants.

Additional info

If you have any further query regarding our services or would like to
know more about any visa program,please email us or call us.
We’ll get in touch with you within 24 hours

Our Location

Make Visas
305, IIIrd floor, Sheetla House
Building No. 73-74, Nehru Place
New Delhi-110019 (India)


Make Visas
Level 32/1, Market Street
Sydney, Australia

Email Us

Make Visas
Office No.:- 301 to 303, IInd Floor
Wing No. “N”, Mega Centre
Magarpatta City Behind Noble Hospital, Pune

Make Visas
The Toronto Star Building
1 Yonge Street Toronto-Ontario,

Business Hours


Vmake Visas Immigration Experts are MARA/MIA Registered and Assure Perfection in their Service.

New zealand

Vmake Visas Partner Organization in New Zealand is Licensed to serve the best Immigration Service.


Vmake Visas has Immigration Support from Regulatory bodies like ICCRC Canada


Vmake Visas Immigration Consultants are OISC Certified and deliver Internaitional Migration Approach


Vmake Visas have Partner Company in Hongkong offering Top Immigration across the Globe