NOC 9531 – Boat assemblers and inspectors
To apply under NOC-9531 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Boat assemblers and inspectors.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Boat assemblers and inspectors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Cut, shape and join timber pieces or assemble pre-cut timber pieces to make a wooden boat using hand and power tools
- Assemble prefabricated parts and sections of fibreglass, metal or other material to form complete boat
- Caulk decks and hulls using caulking gun
- Install trims, rudders, seats, engine mounts and other accessories using hand tools
- May repair boats.
Boat inspectors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Inspect assembled boats for defects and conformance to quality standards
- Mark defects to be repaired
- Make minor adjustments and repairs
- Record information on products inspected.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Boat assemblers and inspectors
NOC 9531 – Boat assemblers and inspectors: example titles.
- aluminum boat assembler
- aluminum boat leak tester
- boat assembler
- boat assembly inspector
- boat assembly laminator
- boat assembly repairer
- boat inspector
- boat motor installer
- canoe assembler
- canoe building inspector
- canoe canvasser
- canvas canoe waterproofer
- composite technician – boat assembly
- dinghy assembler
- fibreglass boat assembler
- fibreglass boat inspector and finisher
- hull inspector
- hull surveyor
- loft rigger – boat assembly
- motorboat assembler
- motorboat assembly inspector
- outboard motor installer
- outboard motor installer-fitter
- plywood boat veneer layer
- repairer, fibreglass boat assembly
- rivet tester – boat assembly
- sailboat assembler
- wooden boat assembly inspector
- wooden boat inspector
- wooden hull caulker – boat assembly
- Some secondary school education may be required.
- Completion of college or other courses in boat building may be required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Experience as a helper or labourer in the same company may be required for boat assemblers.
- Experience as a boat assembler may be required for boat inspectors.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Builders of customized wooden boats and wooden shipwrights (in 7271 Carpenters)
- Canoe builders (in 5244 Artisans and craftspersons)
- Helpers and labourers in boat assembly (in 9619 Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities)
- Marine repair technicians (in 7384 Other trades and related occupations, n.e.c.)
- Supervisors of boat assemblers and inspectors (in 9227 Supervisors, other products manufacturing and assembly)
- Workers who fabricate, assemble and fit steel and other metal components to build ships (in 7235 Structural metal and platework fabricators and fitters)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com