NOC 7361 – Railway and yard locomotive engineers
To apply under NOC-7361 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Railway and yard locomotive engineers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Railway and yard locomotive engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate locomotives to transport passengers and freight on railways
- Operate communication systems to communicate with train crews and traffic controllers to ensure safe operation and scheduling of trains
- Inspect assigned locomotives and test operating controls and equipment.
Yard locomotive engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate locomotives to switch, couple and uncouple cars for loading and unloading
- Perform switching operations according to written switching orders or dispatched instructions
- Inspect locomotives, replenish fuel or perform routine maintenance on locomotives.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Railway and yard locomotive engineers
NOC 7361 – Railway and yard locomotive engineers: example titles.
- diesel locomotive engineer – railway
- engineer trainee, railway
- engineer, passenger train locomotive
- engineer, railway locomotives
- freight train engineer
- hostler, railway
- industrial locomotive engineer
- locomotive engineer – railway
- locomotive hostler
- passenger train engineer
- railway engineer
- railway engineer trainee
- railway hostler
- railway locomotive engineer
- switch engineer – railway
- train engineer
- transfer hostler – railway
- yard engineer – railway
- yard locomotive engineer – railway
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Experience as a conductor is required for railway locomotive engineers and may be required for yard locomotive engineers.
- Experience as a railway yard worker may be required for yard locomotive engineers.
- Railway locomotive engineers require a Canadian Rail Operating Rules certificate.
- Mobility between railway transport companies or between establishments employing locomotive engineers may be limited due to seniority provisions of collective agreements.
- Subway and light rail transit operators (in 7512 Bus drivers, subway operators and other transit operators)
- Supervisors, railway transport operations (7304)
- Train dispatchers (in 2275 Railway traffic controllers and marine traffic regulators)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com