NOC 7295 – Floor covering installers
To apply under NOC-7295 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Floor covering installers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Floor covering installers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding
- Measure, cut and install carpeting using hand or machine stitcher, seaming iron, bonding tape or other bonding materials
- Stretch carpeting using knee-kicker or power stretcher and secure carpeting to floor or other surfaces using staple gun or other devices
- Measure, cut and install resilient floor covering using adhesive, rollers and other hand tools
- Install hardwood floors, such as strip floors, block floors or plank floors, using glue, staples, nails or other means
- Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings
- May estimate material and labour costs.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Floor covering installers
NOC 7295 – Floor covering installers: example titles.
- apprentice floor covering installer
- broadloom installer
- carpet installer
- carpet layer
- composition floor layer
- floor and wall covering installer, residential
- floor covering installer
- floor covering installer apprentice
- floor covering mechanic
- floor layer
- floor sheeting layer
- floor tile layer
- hardwood floor covering installer
- hardwood floor layer
- journeyman/woman floor covering installer
- journeyman/woman floor mechanic
- linoleum floor covering installer
- linoleum floor covering layer
- linoleum floor installer
- linoleum floor layer
- parquet floor layer
- residential floor and wall covering installer
- residential wall and floor covering installer
- resilient floor installer
- resilient floor layer
- rug installer
- rug layer
- vinyl floor installer
- vinyl floor layer
- vinyl tile layer
- wall and floor covering installer, residential
- wood floor covering layer
- wood floor installer
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a two- to three-year apprenticeship program or Over four years of work experience in the trade and some courses in floor covering installation are usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for floor covering installers is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified floor covering installers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Supervisors of floor covering installers (in 7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com