NOC 7291 – Roofers and shinglers
To apply under NOC-7291 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Roofers and shinglers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Roofers and shinglers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Install, repair or replace built-up roofing systems using materials such as asphalt saturated felts and hot asphalt and gravel
- Install, repair or replace single-ply roofing system using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric or other asphaltic compositions
- Install, repair or replace shingles, shakes and other roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Install sheet metal flashings
- Apply waterproof coatings to concrete or other masonry surfaces below or above ground level
- Install and repair metal roofs using hand and power tools
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs
- May estimate materials required and quote costs.
Shinglers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Install or replace asphalt shingles, wood shingles and shakes and masonry or baked clay roofing tiles on sloped roofs of buildings
- Set up scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Roofers and shinglers
NOC 7291 – Roofers and shinglers: example titles.
- apprentice roofer
- apprentice shingle roofer
- asphalt roofer
- asphalt shingle roofer
- asphalt shingler
- built-up flat roofer
- built-up roofer
- cedar shakes shingler
- cedar shingler
- composition roofer
- flat roofer
- gravel roofer
- journeyman/woman roofer
- mechanic, roofing
- metal roofer
- residential building shingler
- residential steep roofer
- roof tiler
- roofer and waterproofer
- roofer trainee
- roofer, asphalt
- roofer, asphalt and gravel
- roofer, asphalt shingles
- roofer, built-up flat
- roofer, gravel
- roofer, metal
- roofer, shingles
- roofer, wood shingle
- roofing mechanic
- shingle roofer
- shingler trainee
- shingler, asphalt
- shingler, cedar
- shingler, cedar shakes
- shingler, wood
- single-ply roofer
- tar and gravel roofer
- tar roofer
- tile roofer
- tiler, roofs
- waterproofer and roofer
- wood shingle roofer
- wood shingler
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- For roofers, completion of a two- to three-year apprenticeship program or Over three years of work experience in the trade are usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Roofing trade certification is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
- Trade certification for residential steep roofers is available, but voluntary, in British Columbia.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified roofers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- Shinglers require one to two years of on-the-job training.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Supervisors of roofers and shinglers (in 7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com