NOC 7284 – Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers
To apply under NOC-7284 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers trades perform some or all of the following duties:
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Mix plaster ingredients in trough to desired consistency
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster using trowels, floats, brushes and spraying equipment
- Trowel or spray coats of stucco over exteriors of buildings to form weatherproof surfaces
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Cure freshly plastered surfaces
- Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim
- Spray acoustic materials or texture finish over walls and ceilings.
Drywall installers and finishers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Measure, cut and fit drywall sheets for installation on walls and ceilings
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings.
Lathers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare wall and ceiling layouts
- Install metal stud framing and furring for interior drywall or plaster walls and ceilings, using hand and power tools
- Attach metal or gypsum lath to studs or furring using nails, screws, clips or wire ties
- Cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets
- Install corner beads and wire mesh around beams to which plaster is to be applied
- May install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboard or lath.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers
NOC 7284 – Plasterers, drywall installers and finishers and lathers: example titles.
- acoustic tile and drywall installer
- acoustic tile installer
- acoustical ceiling installer
- apprentice drywall applicator
- apprentice installer and finisher, drywall
- apprentice plasterer
- ceiling installer
- ceiling system installer
- drywall and acoustic mechanic
- drywall and ceiling system installer
- drywall and lather applicator
- drywall applicator
- drywall finisher
- drywall finisher apprentice
- drywall hanger
- drywall installer
- drywall installer and finisher
- drywall installer and finisher apprentice
- drywall installer lead hand
- drywall installer team leader
- drywall interior systems installer
- drywall mechanic
- drywall nailer
- drywall nailing person
- drywall taper
- exterior plasterer
- finish plasterer
- finisher, drywall
- fireproofing applicator
- fireproofing plasterer
- gyproc applicator
- gypsum lather
- gypsum plasterboard applicator
- installer and finisher, drywall
- installer, drywall interior systems
- interior drywall installer
- interior systems installer, drywall
- journeyman/woman drywall installer
- journeyman/woman lather
- journeyman/woman plasterer
- lather (interior systems mechanic)
- lather applicator
- lather apprentice
- lather-mechanic, interior systems
- metal lather
- moulding plasterer
- ornamental plasterer
- plasterer apprentice
- plasterer, finish
- plasterer, fireproofing
- plasterer, moulding
- plasterer, stucco
- sheetrock applicator
- stucco lather
- stucco plasterer
- taper, drywall
- wall and ceiling installer
- wallboard installer
- wallboard taper
- wire lather
- wood lather
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program in plastering, drywalling or lathing or A combination of over three years of work experience and some high school, college or industry courses in plastering, drywalling or lathing is usually required.
- Plasterer trade certification is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in Ontario, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.
- Drywall installer and finisher trade certification is available, but voluntary, in British Columbia.
- Trade certification for lathers (interior systems mechanics) is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the Yukon.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified lathers (interior systems mechanic) upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Supervisors of trade workers in this unit group (in 7205 Contractors and supervisors, other construction trades, installers, repairers and servicers)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com