NOC 7241 – Electricians (except industrial and power system)
To apply under NOC-7241 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Electricians (except industrial and power system).
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Electricians (except industrial and power system) perform some or all of the following duties:
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations
- Pull wire through conduits and through holes in walls and floors
- Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment
- Install, replace and repair lighting fixtures and electrical control and distribution equipment, such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels
- Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits
- Test continuity of circuits using test equipment to ensure compatibility and safety of system, following installation, replacement or repair
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical and electronic systems and remove and replace faulty components
- Connect electrical power to audio and visual communication equipment, signalling devices and heating and cooling systems
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Electricians (except industrial and power system)
NOC 7241 – Electricians (except industrial and power system): example titles.
- apprentice construction electrician
- apprentice electrician
- apprentice electrician, construction
- building construction electrician
- building electrician
- construction and maintenance electrician
- construction electrician
- construction electrician apprentice
- domestic and rural electrician
- electrical fixtures installer
- electrical wirer, construction
- electrical wiring installer – construction
- electrician – troubleshooter
- electrician, building construction
- electrician, construction and maintenance
- electrician, institution
- journeyman/woman construction electrician
- residential construction wirer
- residential wireman/woman
- wirer, residential construction
- wiring electrician
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a four- to five-year apprenticeship program is usually required.
- Trade certification for construction electricians is compulsory in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta and available, but voluntary, in British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Trade certification for electricians (domestic and rural) is compulsory in Newfoundland and Labrador and Ontario.
- Trade certification for electrical control (machine) builders is available, but voluntary, in Ontario.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified construction electricians upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Electrical mechanics (7333)
- Industrial electricians (7242)
- Power system electricians (7243)
- Supervisors of electricians (in 7202 Contractors and supervisors, electrical trades and telecommunications occupations)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com