NOC 6523 – Airline ticket and service agents
To apply under NOC-6523 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Airline ticket and service agents.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Airline ticket and service agents perform some or all of the following duties:
Airline passenger and ticket agents
- Help customers plan travel time and routes, prepare and issue tickets, assign seats, prepare boarding passes, check baggage, attend boarding gates
- Assist pre-boarding passengers and provide information on fares and flight schedules and routes.
Airline baggage agents
- Trace lost, delayed or misdirected baggage for customers.
Airline cargo agents
- Weigh cargo and compute freight costs, calculate charges for services and insurance, process bills of lading, cargo manifests and other documents
- Trace lost or misdirected cargo and maintain shipping and other records.
Airline reservation agents
- Reserve seats for tour companies, travel agencies, wholesalers and the general public using computerized systems
- Provide information on airline passengers and process mileage points.
Airline station agents
- Complete pre-flight documents regarding passenger and cargo load, catering count, special requests and other flight information
- Relay operational messages to operations control and downline stations
- Perform duties of ticket, baggage and cargo agents.
Airline load planners
- Calculate load weights for compartments of aircraft using charts and computers
- Plan load to distribute and balance cargo.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Airline ticket and service agents.
NOC 6523 – Airline ticket and service agents: example titles.
- agent ticket and information – airline
- airline baggage agent
- airline cargo agent
- airline customer service representative
- airline load planner
- airline passenger agent
- airline reservation agent
- airline sales and service agent
- airline ticket agent
- baggage agent – airline
- baggage tracer – airline
- baggage tracing agent – airline
- cargo agent – airline
- cargo customer service representative – airline
- certified load control agent – airline
- certified load planner – airline
- check-in agent – airline
- client service representative – airline
- commissary agent – airline
- counter services agent – airline
- customer sales agent – airline
- customer service agent – airline
- customer service representative – airline
- flight agent
- load agent – airline
- load control agent – airline
- passenger sales agent – airline
- passenger sales representative – airline
- passenger service representative – airline
- reservation agent – airline
- reservation clerk – airline
- reservation sales agent – airline
- station agent – airline
- station services agent – airline
- ticket and information agent – airline
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several weeks of on-the-job and classroom training are provided for all occupations in this unit group.
- Airline station agents usually require experience as a ticket, baggage or cargo agent.
- Load planners require a restricted radio operator’s licence and usually require airline operations experience.
- Depending on the size of the airline or airport, the duties of workers in this unit group may overlap.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Ground and water transport ticket agents, cargo service representatives and related clerks (6524)
- Supervisors of airline sales and service agents (in 6313 Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors)
- Travel counsellors (6521)
- Airline cargo and baggage loaders (in 6721 Support occupations in accommodation, travel and facilities set-up services)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com