NOC 6521 – Travel counsellors
To apply under NOC-6521 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Travel counsellors.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Travel counsellors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Provide travel information to clients regarding destinations, transportation and accommodation options and travel costs, and recommend suitable products
- Plan and organize vacation travel for individuals or groups
- Make transportation and accommodation reservations using computerized reservation and ticketing system
- Sell single fare tickets and package tours to clients
- Promote particular destinations, tour packages and other travel services
- Investigate new travel destinations, hotels and other facilities and attractions
- Provide travel tips regarding tourist attractions, foreign currency, customs, languages and travel safety.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Travel counsellors.
NOC 6521 – Travel counsellors: example titles.
- booking agent – travel agency
- reservation agent – travel agency
- reservation sales agent – travel agency
- tourist information counsellor
- travel agent
- travel centre counsellor
- travel consultant
- travel counsellor
- travel information agent
- travel specialist
- visitor information counsellor
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- A college diploma or vocational training in travel or tourism is usually required.
- Certification with the Association of Canadian Travel Agencies (ACTA ) may be required.
- Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.
- Airline ticket agents (in 6523 Airline ticket and service agents)
- Convention co-ordinators (in 1226 Conference and event planners)
- Travel agency managers (in 0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com