NOC 6346 – Funeral directors and embalmers
To apply under NOC-6346 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Funeral directors and embalmers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Funeral directors and embalmers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Consult with the family of the deceased regarding the nature of the funeral service, the disposition of the remains and funeral costs
- Transfer, or arrange for the transfer of, the remains from the place of death to the funeral home
- Inform survivors of benefits for which they may be eligible
- Issue death notices to newspapers
- Oversee the preparation of the remains, plan and schedule funeral services, co-ordinate burials and cremations and complete legal documents
- Discuss and negotiate prearranged funerals with clients
- Manage funeral home operations including hiring and directing staff, maintaining financial records, preparing accounts and ordering merchandise
- Supervise embalmers, funeral home attendants and other funeral home staff
- May perform same duties as embalmers.
Embalmers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Preserve, sanitize and prepare human remains for funeral services
- Perform cosmetic and restorative work on human remains
- Supervise funeral home attendants and other funeral home staff.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Funeral directors and embalmers.
NOC 6346 – Funeral directors and embalmers: example titles.
- apprentice embalmer
- assistant funeral director
- director, funeral
- embalmer apprentice
- funeral director
- funeral director, assistant
- funeral home director
- funeral services director
- undertaker assistant
- Completion of a one- to two-year college program and a twelve- to twenty-month practical apprenticeship program during or following the educational program is usually required for funeral directors.
- Completion of a two- to three-year college program and a twelve- to twenty-month practical apprenticeship program during or following the educational program or Completion of a three-year college program is required for embalmers.
- Funeral directors require licensure in most provinces and territories.
- Funeral directors may be required to be licensed embalmers depending on provincial requirements.
- Embalmers require licensure in all provinces.
- Bereavement counsellors (in 4153 Family, marriage and other related counsellors)
- Funeral home attendants (in 6742 Other service support occupations, n.e.c.)
- Funeral service general managers (in 0015 Senior managers – trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com