NOC 6344 – Jewellers, jewellery and watch repairers
To apply under NOC-6344 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Jewellers, jewellery and watch repairers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Jewellers, jewellery and watch repairers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Fabricate and repair precious and semi-precious metal jewellery, such as rings, brooches, pendants, bracelets and lockets
- Examine, cut, shape and polish diamonds using optical instruments, lathes and laps
- Examine, cut, shape and polish precious and synthetic gems using optical instruments, cutting disks and laps
- Appraise gemstones and diamonds to differentiate between stones, identify rare specimens and to detect peculiarity affecting stone values
- Set precious and semi-precious stones in jewellery mountings, according to specifications
- May supervise other jewellers.
Jewellers may specialize in certain kinds of jewellery, such as gold or silver, or in particular operations, such as fabrication or repair.
Watch repairers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Fabricate or fit parts to make watches and clocks
- Examine clocks and watches, disassemble and check for defective and misaligned parts or rust
- Replace or repair worn or broken parts
- Test, adjust and regulate timepiece movements
- Clean all parts using special cleaning and rinsing solutions and ultrasonic or mechanical cleaning machines to remove dirt and dried lubricants
- May supervise other watch repairers.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Jewellers, jewellery and watch repairers.
NOC 6344– Jewellers, jewellery and watch repairers: example titles.
- appraiser, jewellery
- apprentice jeweller
- bench moulder – jewellery
- brass or bronze chaser
- chaser, jewellery
- clock repairer
- clock repairman/woman
- custom bracelet maker
- custom brooch maker
- custom jewellery mounter
- custom locket maker
- cutter, designs – jewellery
- design cutter – jewellery
- diamond bruter
- diamond cutter
- diamond expert
- diamond grader – jewellery manufacturing
- diamond marker
- diamond polisher
- diamond sawyer
- diamond selector – jewellery manufacturing
- diamond setter
- gem cutter
- gem expert
- gem setter
- hammersmith, jewellery
- jewel setter
- jewellery appraiser
- jewellery chaser
- jewellery hammersmith
- jewellery model maker
- jewellery moulder
- jewellery repairer
- jewellery repairman/woman
- jewellery sample maker
- marker, diamonds
- model maker, jewellery
- pearl cutter
- pearl setter
- plater – jewellery manufacturing
- precious stone setter
- sample maker, jewellery
- sawyer, diamonds
- setter – jewellery manufacturing
- silver chaser
- stonecutter – jewellery
- stonesetter – jewellery
- watch repairer
- watch repairer apprentice
- watch repairman/woman
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a college or other program, or apprenticeship training in watch or jewellery repair or gemology is usually required.
- Trade certification as a gemsetter is available, but voluntary, in Ontario.
- Experience as a jewellery, clock or watch assembler may be required.
- Mobility is possible among the various jewellery occupations in this unit group.
- There is little mobility between the jewellery occupations and the watch repairers in this unit group.
- Jewellery and clock and watch production assemblers (in 9537 Other products assemblers, finishers and inspectors)
- Goldsmiths, silversmiths and jewellery artisans (in 5244 Artisans and craftspersons)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com