NOC 5212 – Technical occupations related to museums
To apply under NOC-5212 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Technical occupations related to museums.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Technical occupations related to museums perform some or all of the following duties:
- Conservation and restoration technicians assist in the restoration and conservation of artifacts under the direction of a conservator.
- Curatorial assistants assist in the research, handling and storage of artifacts.
- Museum interpreters conduct tours of museums, gallery exhibitions and historical, heritage and other sites, answer inquiries and provide information concerning exhibits or sites.
- Museum extension officers assist with the planning and development of travelling exhibitions and special events.
- Museology technicians protect and care for cultural artifacts and collections during exhibitions, while in transit and in storage.
- Museum registrars and cataloguers classify and assign registration numbers to artifacts and supervise inventory control.
- Preparators construct displays and dioramas, build models, install artifacts in displays and prepare artifacts for storage and shipping.
- Picture framers fabricate custom frames, measure and cut mats, mat enhancements and glass, and mount paintings, photographs and other art work.
- Taxidermists prepare, stuff and mount skins of animals for preservation, scientific or display purposes.
Technical museum and gallery workers may specialize in a specific type of collection.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Technical occupations related to museums.
NOC 5212 – Technical occupations related to museums: example titles.
- aircraft restoration technician – museum
- aquarium interpreter
- archaeological technician
- art gallery preparator
- art gallery registrar
- art objects preparator
- art restoration technician
- assistant registrar – museum
- botanical garden interpreter
- cataloguer – museum
- cataloguer, museum objects
- chief display officer – museum
- chief exhibit officer – museum
- chief preparator
- chief preparator – museums and art galleries
- communications equipment restoration technician – museum
- community museum technician
- conservation and restoration technician
- conservation area interpreter
- conservation technician – museums and art galleries
- dinosaur museum interpreter
- diorama maker – museums and art galleries
- diorama technician
- display officer – museums and art galleries
- document restoration technician
- ecological interpreter
- exhibit officer – museum
- exhibit preparator
- exhibit technician
- fossil recovery and reparation technician
- frame fitter – museums and art galleries
- framer – museum and art gallery
- framing technician
- head preparator – museums and art galleries
- heritage interpreter
- historic site interpreter
- historical site technician
- historical village supervisor
- historical village technician
- history museum interpreter
- insectarium interpreter
- interpreter, historic site
- interpreter, museum
- interpretive guide – museum
- model maker-preparator
- museology technician
- museum cataloguer
- museum exhibit officer
- museum extension officer
- museum objects cataloguer
- museum objects preparator
- museum preparator
- museum registrar
- museum technician
- museum technician – earth’s history and paleontology
- natural habitat interpreter
- nature interpreter
- ornithology centre interpreter
- paintings restoration technician
- park interpreter
- picture framer – museum and art gallery
- planetarium interpreter
- planetarium technician
- railway equipment restoration technician – museum
- recording technician – museum
- regional museum technician
- registrar, museum
- restoration technician – museum
- road transport equipment restoration technician – museum
- taxidermy technician
- technical officer – museum
- technician, conservation – museums and art galleries
- technician, museum
- technician, restoration – museum
- wilderness interpreter
- Registrars, cataloguers and interpreters may require a university degree in a field related to museum and gallery work.
- For other occupations in this unit group, completion of a college program in museum technology or conservation technology or Completion of other technical or on-the-job training programs related to the work are required.
- Museum interpreters may require specific scientific or academic credentials for employment by some museums, nature centres or other sites.
- Assistant curators (in 5112 Conservators and curators)
- Museum exhibit designers (in 5243 Theatre, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers)
- Tour and travel guides (6531)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com