NOC 5113 – Archivists
To apply under NOC-5113 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Archivists.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Archivists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Develop policies and procedures for managing current and semicurrent archives, in particular corporate cataloguing systems, records scheduling and disposal, and finding aids
- Design programs for managing, disseminating and storing archives of all types (documents, photographs, maps, audio-visual materials, manuscripts, etc.)
- Plan the computerized management of archives and the management of electronic archives
- Appraise and acquire archival materials to build and develop an archival collection for research purposes
- Authenticate documents and records, and research the origins and significance of archival materials
- Organize noncurrent archives and develop cataloguing and retrieval systems to allow access to archival materials
- Assist people with their searches.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Archivists.
NOC 5113 – Archivists: example titles.
- archivist, assistant
- archivist, fine arts
- archivist, videos
- collections archivist
- corporate archivist
- fine arts archivist
- historical archivist
- multimedia archivist
- photo archivist
- research archivist
- video archivist
- A bachelor’s degree with a minor in archival studies or A university degree with a certificate in archival studies is required.
- A master’s degree in archival studies, archival studies and information science, library science or history may be required.
- Progression to archive management positions is possible with experience.
- Archive assistants (in 5211 Library and public archive technicians)
- Librarians (5111)
- Library, archive, museum and art gallery managers (0511)
- Medical archivists (in 1252 Health information management occupations)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com