- animal control inspector
- animal control officer
- animal control supervisor
- by-law enforcement officer
- by-law enforcement officers supervisor
- commercial transport inspector
- commercial vehicle enforcement officer
- development control officer
- dog catcher
- dog warden
- garbage collection inspector
- highway scale operator
- Humane Society inspector
- Humane Society officer
- inspector – by-law enforcement
- inspector – municipal law enforcement
- licence inspector
- liquor board licence inspector
- liquor licence inspector
- lottery supervisor – government services
- municipal law enforcement officer
- municipal law enforcement officers supervisor
- parking control officer
- pound officer
- property standards inspector
- property use inspector
- right of way inspector
- road transport inspector
- service station inspector
- sign inspector
- subdivision control officer
- taxi inspector
- traffic supervisor – by-law enforcement
- transport compliance officer
- transportation enforcement officer
- weigh station operator – by-law enforcement
- zoning enforcement officer
- zoning inspector
- specialized painter and decorator
Animal control officers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Respond to citizen complaints concerning stray domestic animals, livestock and wildlife
- Issue warnings and citations to owners
- Impound lost, homeless and dangerous animals.
By-law enforcement officers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Enforce municipal and provincial regulations
- Investigate complaints
- Issue warnings and citations to commercial and residential property owners and occupants.
Commercial transport inspectors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Inspect commercial vehicles to ensure compliance with regulations governing load restrictions, the transportation of hazardous materials and public safety.
Garbage collection inspectors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Investigate complaints concerning infractions of garbage collection by-laws.
Liquor licence inspectors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct inspections of licensed establishments
- Advise licencees on laws and regulations
- Report contravention of laws and regulations to provincial liquor control boards and agencies.
Parking control officers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Enforce parking by-laws on city streets, regional roads and municipal properties.
Taxi inspectors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Inspect taxicabs for mechanical reliability, cleanliness, licensing and meter accuracy
- Investigate public complaints, issue citations and prepare reports
- Give evidence to city councils, taxi commissions and in court.
Zoning inspectors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Investigate properties in violation of zoning and related by-laws, after receiving requests for licence clearances pertaining to zoning and related by-laws, and on receipt of building permit applications.
By-law enforcement officers may specialize in the enforcement of one specific by-law.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a college program or courses in law and security or other related field or Experience in a related administrative or regulatory occupation is usually required.
- Zoning inspectors or zoning enforcement officers may require a college diploma as a civil engineering or architectural technologist or technician and several years of experience in enforcement and/or building construction or a related field.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Employment insurance, immigration, border services and revenue officers (1228)
- Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers (2262)
- Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety (2263)
- Police officers (except commissioned) (4311)
- Sheriffs and bailiffs (4421)
Back to Find your NOC