NOC 4422 – Correctional service officers
To apply under NOC-4422 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Correctional service officers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Correctional service officers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Observe conduct and behaviour of offenders and detainees to prevent disturbances and escapes
- Supervise offenders during work assignments, meals and recreation periods
- Patrol assigned area and report any problems to supervisor
- Conduct security checks and scanning of visitors, inmates and their cells, working areas and recreational activity areas
- Observe behaviour of offenders and prepare reports
- Escort detainees in transit and during temporary leaves
- Prepare admission, program, release, transfer and other reports
- May supervise and co-ordinate work of other correctional service officers.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Correctional service officers.
NOC 4422 – Correctional service officers: example titles.
- convict guard
- correctional facility guard
- correctional institution guard
- correctional institution head matron
- correctional officer
- correctional officers supervisor
- correctional service officer
- correctional services unit supervisor
- corrections officer
- detention attendant
- detention guard
- escort – correctional services
- head correctional officer
- head matron – correctional service
- institution guard – correctional service
- jail guard
- matron – correctional service
- penal institution guard
- penitentiary guard
- prison guard
- prison officer
- reformatory guard
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Post-secondary education in correctional services, police studies or criminology may be required.
- Correctional officer recruits must successfully complete the Correctional Service of Canada training course to be employed by federal institutions.
- Correctional officer recruits are usually required to complete a basic training course to be employed by provincial/territorial institutions.
- Physical agility, strength and fitness requirements must be met.
- Correctional service supervisors require experience as a correctional service officer.
- First aid certification and CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) training are usually required.
- Detention home workers (in 4212 Social and community service workers)
- Managers in social, community and correctional services (0423)
- Social workers (4152)
- Probation and parole officers and related occupations (4155)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com