Home / Canada Immigration / NOC 4164 – Social policy researchers, consultants

  NOC 4164 – Social policy researchers, consultants

To apply under NOC-4164 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Social policy researchers, consultants.

Required roles and responsibilities:-

Social policy researchers, consultants perform some or all of the following duties:

  • Social policy researchers develop social programs and policies, social legislation, or proposals based on demographic, social and economic research, analysis and the evaluation of pilot projects.
  • Home economists advise and assist consumers on the selection and proper use of food products, textiles and other consumer goods and teach household management skills. They may also provide consultative services in the areas of development and promotion of new food products, retail buying, social program administration and small business endeavours.
  • Housing policy analysts identify and assess economic, demographic, and social developments and report on their implications for housing policy.
  • International aid and development project officers plan, organize and administer foreign aid and international development policies and programs.
  • Social survey researchers develop questionnaires, co-ordinate and conduct surveys, analyse data, and compile and interpret statistics on social issues and policy areas.
  • Social services planners conduct research, develop social programs, assess, co-ordinate and develop awareness of existing social services, and ensure that duplication of services is avoided. They may also work with land use planners to determine the impact of major land use plans for transportation, housing and recreational facilities projects.

You can also see the required titles to apply as a Social policy researchers, consultants. 

NOC 4164 – Social policy researchers, consultants: example titles.

  • Aboriginal affairs officer
  • Aboriginal employment policy officer
  • Aboriginal issues lobbyist
  • adoption project officer
  • adviser for the integration of persons with disabilities
  • adviser, public assistance
  • affirmation action advisor
  • analyst, occupational supply
  • analyst, social policies
  • child care licensing officer
  • child welfare policy analyst
  • child-care programs planning officer
  • child-care services liaison officer
  • citizenship officer
  • community organizer
  • community social development officer
  • consultant, social policy
  • consultant, social services
  • consultant, social services planning
  • consumer advisor
  • co-ordinator, public rights
  • co-ordinator, women’s shelter program
  • correction rehabilitation program co-ordinator
  • correctional service policy consultant
  • employment equity adviser – social policy
  • employment equity consultant
  • employment equity policy analyst
  • employment initiatives co-ordinator
  • employment insurance policy analysis officer
  • employment insurance policy analyst
  • employment insurance services adviser
  • employment standards specialist
  • evaluation officer, job creation and employment services
  • experimental home economist
  • extension home economist
  • family violence prevention program adviser
  • field representative – housing
  • food consultant – home economics
  • home economics consultant
  • home economist
  • home economist – consumer association
  • housing officer, public housing
  • housing policy analyst
  • Human Rights Commission officer
  • Human Rights Commission officers supervisor
  • human rights officer
  • human rights officer – government services
  • human rights specialist
  • immigrant settlement liaison officer
  • immigration and demographic analysis officer
  • immigration consultant
  • immigration policy advisor
  • immigration policy consultant – non-government
  • immigration settlement practitioner
  • income maintenance program officer
  • international aid and development project officer
  • international aid and development researcher
  • international relations specialist
  • job creation and employment services evaluation officer
  • labour affairs officer – labour policy
  • labour market analyst
  • labour market information officer
  • labour market policy officer
  • labour mobility policy consultant
  • labour policy analyst
  • labour policy officer
  • labour standards analyst
  • liaison officer, child-care services
  • lobbyist, Aboriginal issues
  • lobbyist, Native issues
  • multiculturalism project officer
  • Native affairs officer
  • Native employment program officer
  • Native issues lobbyist
  • occupational supply analyst
  • officer, Aboriginal employment program
  • officer, employment insurance policy analysis
  • officer, human rights
  • officer, Human Rights Commission
  • officer, immigration and demographic analysis
  • officer, social programs
  • peace activist
  • peace researcher
  • planning officer, child-care programs
  • policy analyst, child welfare
  • policy analyst, housing
  • policy analyst, immigration
  • policy analyst, status of women’s directorate
  • policy consultant, correction services
  • policy consultant, employment equity
  • policy consultant, labour mobility
  • policy consultant, women’s employment
  • policy officer, labour
  • policy officer, visible minorities
  • political organizer
  • pollster
  • poverty researcher
  • program adviser, family violence prevention
  • program consultant, community policing
  • program officer, income maintenance
  • program officer, Native employment
  • program officer, refugee affairs
  • program planner, social services
  • project officer, international aid and development
  • project officer, multiculturalism
  • psychology assistant (except university)
  • public assistance adviser
  • public housing officer
  • public housing policy analyst
  • public opinion survey researcher
  • public rights co-ordinator
  • race relations officer
  • refugee affairs program officer
  • research home economist
  • research officer, social welfare
  • researcher, international aid and development
  • settlement counsellor
  • settlement liaison officer
  • settlement practitioner
  • social and community care licensing officer
  • social assistance advisor
  • social assistance policy analyst
  • social development officer
  • social issues researcher
  • social policy advisor
  • social policy analyst
  • social policy consultant
  • social policy planning consultant
  • social policy researcher
  • social program officer
  • social researcher
  • social science researcher
  • social service program officer
  • social services consultant
  • social services planner
  • social services planning consultant
  • social services program officers supervisor
  • social services program planner
  • social survey researcher (except statistician)
  • social survey researchers supervisor
  • social welfare advisor
  • social welfare research officer
  • socio-economic research and planning officer
  • specialist, employment standards
  • status of women’s directorate policy analyst
  • supervisor, Human Rights Commission officers
  • supervisor, social services program officers
  • supervisor, social survey researchers
  • supervisor, welfare policy analysts
  • textile and clothing consultant – home economics
  • visible minorities policy officer
  • welfare policy analysts supervisor
  • women’s employment policy consultant
  • women’s issues lobbyist
  • women’s program co-ordinator
  • women’s shelter program co-ordinator
  • women’s status policy consultant
  • workers’ compensation officer
  • workers’ compensation policy analyst

Employment Requirements

  • A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a social science or related discipline, or in business administration is usually required.
  • A master’s degree in a social science or related discipline or in business administration may be required.
  • Home economists require a bachelor’s degree in home economics, home economics education, human ecology, nutrition and food sciences or family and consumer studies.
  • Registration is available, but voluntary, for home economists but the use of the designation “Professional Home Economist” is regulated in New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta, and “Registered Professional Home Economist” in British Columbia.
  • Registration with the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council is required for regulated Canadian immigration consultants.

Additional Information

  • Progression to managerial positions is possible with experience.


  • Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants (4163)
  • Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts (4162)
  • Government managers – health and social policy development and program administration (0411)
  • Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers (4165)
  • Home economics teachers (in 4031 Secondary school teachers)
  • Non-government managers in social policy (in 0423 Managers in social, community and correctional services)
  • Social and community service workers (4212)
  • Social workers (4152)

Back to Find your NOC

Canada Immigration

Free Assessment Form

make visas

Your First Step to Successful Immigration to Canada

  1. Get your Canada Assessment done; know your suitable visa program.
  2. Know your Eligibility with Make Visas Canada immigration points Calculator 2017.
  3. Find out jobs in demand and raise your chances of visa approval with Canada occupation list.
  4. Connect with us; Immigration consultants at Make Visas shall guide you to your destination in all probable ways.


get in touch with us

Contact Make Visas and get an expert opinion for all your migration needs with an unmatched assistance from our
renowned Immigration Consultants.





Additional info

If you have any further query regarding our services or would like to
know more about any visa program,please email us or call us.
We’ll get in touch with you within 24 hours

VMake Visas Pvt. Ltd.

Ever since the early man learnt how to travel, he has been moving from place to place to find a place that suits his needs the best and once he finds that place, he settles there. The only difference between the early man and the modern man is that we don’t really need to physically travel to the place to know that it will give us a good home. Everything is always just a click away. So we at make Visas are just one call away for all your foreign immigration queries. We deal with various visa categories for countries like Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Germany, Denmark, UK, USA, New Zealand, etc. At the most reasonable and the lowest consultancy rates in the market.

All you have to do is just give us a call or fill out an assessment form.

Contact Us

Delhi: 011-48414141

Pune: 020-67299393


Business Hours


9:30 AM to 6:30 PM