Home / Canada Immigration / NOC 4161 – Natural and applied science policy researchers,

NOC 4161 – Natural and applied science policy researchers,

To apply under NOC-4161 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Natural and applied science policy researchers,.

Required roles and responsibilities:-

Natural and applied science policy researchers, perform some or all of the following duties:

  • Conduct research and advise on, and intervene in the physical, social and psychological interrelationships between persons, their equipment and working or living environments to ensure that the design, configuration and use of equipment, procedures and environmental conditions maximize safety, productivity and comfort.

Occupational or industrial hygienists perform some or all of the following duties:

  • Study, evaluate and control physical, chemical and biological hazards and stresses in the workplace
  • Report and document investigations and conclusions
  • Suggest changes to work environments and processes
  • Provide information to workers and managers or employers on methods to reduce the risk of injury or illness from specific occupational hazards
  • May teach safe work procedures, participate in emergency response planning, testify at hearings and report findings at scientific conferences or in scientific journals.

Patent agents perform some or all of the following duties:

  • Advise clients on elements of patent law and on the patentability of inventions
  • Conduct patent searches
  • Prepare patent applications
  • Represent clients before the patent office.

Technology transfer officers perform some or all of the following duties:

  • Transfer and integrate new technologies, usually from university or government research and development environments, to commercial and industrial applications and ensure the protection of intellectual property of researchers and developers.

Science policy and program officers perform some or all of the following duties:

  • Conduct research and advise on policies or develop or administer programs related to transportation, emergency preparedness, communications, natural resources, agriculture, the environment, traditional and alternative energy technologies, land use, recycling and other scientific fields
  • Promote public awareness and education on issues such as utilization of natural resources, the environment, and reprocessing and reduction of waste.

You can also see the required titles to apply as a Natural and applied science policy researchers,. 

NOC 4161 – Natural and applied science policy researchers,: example titles.

  • agricultural association analyst
  • agricultural issues lobbyist
  • analyst, agricultural association
  • certified ergonomist
  • certified industrial hygienist
  • communications policy researcher
  • consultant, natural and applied sciences
  • co-ordinator, municipal recycling program
  • co-ordinator, waste management program
  • disaster emergency response planner
  • emergency management analyst
  • emergency preparedness planner
  • energy policy analyst
  • energy program officer
  • environmental advisor (except engineer)
  • environmental consultant (except engineer)
  • environmental impact analyst
  • environmental issues lobbyist
  • environmental lobbyist
  • environmental program co-ordinator
  • environmental program development supervisor
  • environmental program manager
  • ergonomics consultant
  • ergonomics specialist
  • ergonomist
  • fisheries analyst
  • fisheries program officer
  • human factors engineer
  • human factors specialist (except engineer)
  • industrial hygienist
  • industrial waste reduction program co-ordinator
  • interface ergonomist
  • lobbyist, agricultural issues
  • lobbyist, environmental issues
  • multimedia ergonomist
  • municipal recycling program co-ordinator
  • natural and applied sciences consultant
  • natural and applied sciences policy advisor
  • natural and applied sciences policy analyst
  • natural and applied sciences program officer
  • natural and applied sciences researcher
  • natural resources planner
  • natural resources policy analyst
  • occupational hygiene officer
  • occupational hygienist
  • patent agent, registered
  • policy analyst, natural and applied sciences
  • program co-ordinator – environmental organization
  • program co-ordinator, solid waste
  • program manager, solid waste
  • program officer, energy
  • program officer, fisheries
  • program officer, natural and applied sciences
  • recycling co-ordinator – residuals management
  • recycling program co-ordinator
  • regional recycling and waste reduction program co-ordinator
  • registered occupational hygienist
  • registered patent agent
  • researcher, natural and applied sciences
  • scientific consultant
  • solid waste program co-ordinator
  • solid waste program manager
  • supervisor, environmental program development
  • technology transfer officer
  • transportation program analyst
  • transportation safety analyst
  • waste diversion consultant
  • waste diversion program co-ordinator
  • waste diversion program manager
  • waste management program co-ordinator
  • waste reduction and recycling officer
  • waste reduction education program officer
  • waste reduction program co-ordinator
  • wind energy analyst
  • work site analyst
  • work site auditor

Employment Requirements

  • A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in a related scientific or technical discipline is usually required for occupations in this unit group.
  • A master’s degree in a related scientific discipline may be required.
  • Certification through the Canadian College of Certified Professional Ergonomists is required to use the title “Canadian Certified Professional Ergonomist (CCPE)”. Membership with the Association of Canadian Ergonomists may be required.
  • Occupational hygienists may require certification by the Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists.
  • Patent agents require 12 months of work experience in the patent field and successful completion of examinations set by the Commissioner of Patents. They may also be required to be listed in the register of patent agents.
  • Occupations in this group that are involved in green building design and technologies development may require the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification offered by the Canadian Green Building Council.

Additional Information

  • Progression to supervisory or managerial positions in these fields is possible with experience.


  • Architecture and science managers (0212)
  • Health policy researchers, consultants and program officers (4165)
  • Life science professionals (212)
  • Other engineers (214)
  • Patent lawyers (in 4112 Lawyers and Quebec notaries)
  • Physical science professionals (211)
  • Professional occupations in engineering (in 213 Civil, mechanical, electrical and chemical engineers)

Back to Find your NOC

Canada Immigration

make visas

BlogsLatest Blogs
BlogsLatest News

Your First Step to Successful Immigration to Canada Immigration


get in touch with us

Contact Make Visas and get an expert opinion for all your migration needs with an unmatched assistance from our
renowned Immigration Consultants.

Additional info

If you have any further query regarding our services or would like to
know more about any visa program,please email us or call us.
We’ll get in touch with you within 24 hours

VMake Visas Pvt. Ltd.

Ever since the early man learnt how to travel, he has been moving from place to place to find a place that suits his needs the best and once he finds that place, he settles there. The only difference between the early man and the modern man is that we don’t really need to physically travel to the place to know that it will give us a good home. Everything is always just a click away. So we at make Visas are just one call away for all your foreign immigration queries. We deal with various visa categories for countries like Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Germany, Denmark, UK, USA, New Zealand, etc. At the most reasonable and the lowest consultancy rates in the market.

All you have to do is just give us a call or fill out an assessment form.

Contact Us

Delhi: 011-48414141

Pune: 020-67299393


Business Hours


9:30 AM to 6:30 PM


Make Visas Immigration Experts are MARA/MIA Registered and Assure Perfection in their Service.

New zealand

Make Visas Partner Organization in New Zealand is Licensed to serve the best Immigration Service.


Make Visas has Immigration Support from Regulatory bodies like ICCRC Canada


Make Visas Immigration Consultants are OISC Certified and deliver Internaitional Migration Approach


Make Visas have Partner Company in Hongkong offering Top Immigration across the Globe