NOC 4156 – Employment counselors|Canada Immigration|Make Visas
To apply under NOC-4156 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Employment counselors.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Employment counselors perform some or all of the following duties:
- Interview clients to obtain employment history, educational background and career goals
- Identify barriers to employment and assist clients with such matters as job readiness skills, job search strategies, writing résumés and preparing for job interviews
- Assess need for assistance such as rehabilitation, financial aid or further training and refer clients to the appropriate services
- Provide established workers with information and strategies for maintaining a job or moving within an organization, dealing with job dissatisfaction, making mid-career changes and adjusting to workplace transitions
- Collect labour market information for clients regarding job openings, entry and skill requirements and other occupational information
- Advise employers on human resource and other employment-related issues
- Provide consulting services to community groups and agencies, businesses, industry and other organizations involved in providing community-based career planning support or resources
- May administer and interpret tests designed to determine the interests, aptitudes and abilities of clients.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Employment counselors.
NOC 4156 – Employment counselors: example titles.
- Aboriginal employment officer
- Aboriginal employment worker
- career coach
- career counsellor – except education
- career development counsellor
- career development facilitator
- career development practitioner
- career group facilitator
- career resource centre co-ordinator
- counsellor, employment
- counsellor, employment – government services
- counsellor, employment group
- counsellor, job
- counsellor, job – government services
- counsellor, outplacement
- counsellor, relocation
- employment counsellor
- employment counsellor – government services
- employment group counsellor
- employment outreach counsellor
- employment outreach program co-ordinator
- employment outreach program counsellor
- employment services assessment officer
- employment services officer
- group counsellor, employment services
- job counsellor
- job counsellor – government services
- job search trainer
- labour market information consultant
- outplacement consultant
- outplacement counsellor
- outreach counsellor, employment
- outreach program co-ordinator, employment
- outreach program counsellor, employment
- relocation consultant
- workforce adjustment officer
- A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in employment counselling, career development or in a related field, such as human resources development, psychology, education or social services is required.
- A master’s degree in counselling psychology or a related field such as educational psychology, developmental psychology or social work may be required.
- In Quebec, membership in a professional association is mandatory to use the title ”counsellor”.
- Mobility to positions in personnel or training is possible.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible through experience.
- Educational counsellors (4033)
- Employment insurance officers (in 1228 Employment insurance, immigration, border services and revenue officers)
- Human resources and recruitment officers (1223)
- Job coaches for persons with disabilities (in 4215 Instructors of persons with disabilities)
- Vocational rehabilitation counsellors (in 4153 Family, marriage and other related counsellors)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com