NOC 3237 – Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment
To apply under NOC-3237 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment perform some or all of the following duties:
- Examine adult clients to assess hearing loss using diagnostic evaluation and electro acoustic testing
- Recommend and dispense appropriate type of hearing instrument
- Take earmold impressions for use in the manufacture of hearing devices
- Fit, adjust and make minor modifications to hearing instruments
- Educate clients in appropriate use, care and maintenance of hearing instruments
- Perform follow-up examinations and readjustments.
Audiometric technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
- Under the supervision of audiologists, administer tests such as pure tone hearing screening, impedance tests and noise level measurements using equipment such as audiometers and sound level meters to determine hearing thresholds of patients
- Instruct patients on test procedures and record results
- Monitor, check and calibrate auditory equipment
- May take earmold impressions and fit and adjust hearing instruments.
Communicative disorders assistants and speech-language pathology assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assist speech-language pathologists and audiologists during assessment of patients
- Carry out treatment programs, document results and develop materials for use with patients, under the supervision of speech-language pathologists or audiologists
- Document patient rehabilitation progress
- Check and maintain therapeutic equipment and materials.
Ophthalmic medical assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate ophthalmic testing and measuring instruments to aid ophthalmologists in assessing patients’ vision
- Record test results
- Assist ophthalmologists in office surgery
- Administer eye drops, ointments and medications as directed by ophthalmologists
- Clean and maintain instruments and equipment used during examinations
- Take patients’ general medical and ophthalmic history
- Perform various administrative duties.
Physiotherapy assistants and occupational therapy assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Under the direction of physiotherapists and/or occupational therapists, carry out treatment programs such as thermotherapy, traction, hydrotherapy and electrotherapeutic techniques to rehabilitate patients with various injuries or disabilities to maximize their ability to independently manage daily activities.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment.
NOC 3237 – Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment: example titles.
- aide, physical therapy
- aide, speech
- aide, speech therapy
- assistant, audiometric
- assistant, communication disorders
- assistant, hearing aid
- assistant, occupational therapist
- assistant, occupational therapy
- assistant, ophthalmic
- assistant, speech language
- assistant, speech therapy
- assistive listening device technician
- audiological technician
- audiology technician
- audiometric aide
- audiometric assistant
- audiometric technician
- audiometric technician – public health
- audiometrist aide
- communication aide – medical
- communication assistant – medical
- communication disorders assistant
- communicative disorders assistant
- communicative disorders instructor
- hearing aid assistant
- hearing aid consultant
- hearing aid dealer
- hearing aid dealer and consultant
- hearing aid practitioner
- hearing aid specialist
- hearing aid technician
- hearing assessment technician
- hearing disorder technician
- hearing instrument dispenser
- hearing instrument practitioner
- hearing instrument practitioner assistant
- hearing instrument specialist
- industrial audiometric technician
- instructor, communication disorders
- licensed hearing instrument specialist
- manual arts therapist
- occupational therapist assistant
- occupational therapy assistant
- occupational therapy technician
- ophthalmic assistant
- ophthalmic medical assistant
- ophthalmic medical technician
- ophthalmic medical technologist
- ophthalmic technician
- ophthalmic technician (except retail)
- ophthalmic technologist
- ophthalmologist assistant
- physical rehabilitation technician
- physical therapist assistant (PTA)
- physical therapy aide
- physical therapy technician
- physiotherapist assistant (PTA)
- physiotherapy aide
- physiotherapy assistant
- physiotherapy technician
- PTA (physical therapist assistant)
- speech aide
- speech correctionist – medical
- speech language assistant
- speech technician
- speech therapist aide
- speech therapist assistant
- speech therapy aide
- speech therapy assistant
- speech-language pathology assistant
- technician, assistive listening devices
- technician, audiology
- technician, audiometric
- technician, hearing aids
- technician, hearing assessment
- technician, hearing disorders
- technician, occupational therapy
- technician, ophthalmic (except retail)
- technician, physical rehabilitation
- technician, physiotherapy
- technician, speech
- technologist, ophthalmic
- Hearing instrument practitioners require completion of a three-year college diploma in a hearing instrument specialist program, including a period of supervised training.
- Licensure with a regulatory body is required for hearing instrument practitioners in all provinces except in Ontario where membership with the Association of Hearing Instrument Practitioners (AHIP) is required. Hearing instrument practitioners can prescribe and dispense hearing instruments except in Ontario where dispensing is dependent on a prescription from a physician or audiologist.
- Communicative disorders assistants and speech-language pathology assistants require completion of a three- to four-year college program.
- Audiometric technicians usually require a specialization in industrial audiometry testing.
- Ophthalmic medical assistants require completion of a one- to two-year college program or a two-year hospital-based training program in ophthalmic medical technology or A minimum of one year of supervised practical training under an ophthalmologist and completion of an approved ophthalmic assistant home study program.
- Physiotherapy assistants require completion of a two- to three-year college program in physical rehabilitation therapy or A two-year physical therapy assistant (PTA) program and supervised practical training.
- Occupational therapy assistants require completion of a two-year occupational therapy assistant (OTA) college program.
- In most provinces occupational therapy assistants (OTA) and physiotherapy assistants (PTA) receive training through a single OTA/PTA program in community colleges.
- Medical technologists and technicians (except dental health) (321)
- Other technical occupations in health care (323)
- Physiotherapy helpers and chiropractic aides (in 3414 Other assisting occupations in support of health services)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com