NOC 3236 – Massage therapists
To apply under NOC-3236 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Massage therapists.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Massage therapists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assess clients by conducting range of motion and muscle tests and propose treatment plans
- Explain procedures, risks and benefits to clients
- Administer massage techniques, treating soft tissues and joints of the body through soft tissue manipulation, relaxation techniques, hydrotherapy, trigger point therapy, joint pain and lower grade mobilizations, remedial exercise programs and client self-help programs
- Suggest home care instructions and provide information about techniques for further postural improvement and stretching, strengthening, relaxation and rehabilitative exercises
- Maintain records of treatments given
- May consult with other health care professionals such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, physicians and psychologists when developing treatment plans for clients.
Massage therapists may be trained in various specialized massage techniques.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Massage therapists.
NOC 3236 – Massage therapists: example titles.
- massage therapist (MT)
- masso kinesitherapist
- MT (massage therapist)
- registered massage practitioner
- registered massage therapist (RMT)
- RMT (registered massage therapist)
- Thai massage therapist
- therapist, massage
- Massage therapists usually require completion of an 18- to 24-month or 18- to 36-month program in massage therapy from an accredited school and a period of supervised practical training.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required in Newfoundland and Labrador, Ontario and British Columbia.
- Medical technologists and technicians (except dental health) (321)
- Other technical occupations in health care (323)
- Physiotherapy assistants (in 3237 Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com