NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses
To apply under NOC-3233 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Licensed practical nurses.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Licensed practical nurses perform some or all of the following duties:
Licensed practical nurses
- Provide nursing services, within defined scope of practice, to patients based on patient assessment and care planning procedures
- Perform nursing interventions such as taking vital signs, applying aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensuring infection control, monitoring nutritional intake and conducting specimen collection
- Administer medication and observe and document therapeutic effects
- Provide pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care
- Monitor established respiratory therapy and intravenous therapy
- Monitor patients’ progress, evaluate and document effectiveness of nursing interventions and collaborate with appropriate members of healthcare team
- Provide safety and health education to individuals and their families.
Operating room technicians
- Prepare patients for surgery by washing, shaving and sterilizing the patients’ operative areas
- Assist in surgery by laying out instruments, setting up equipment, assisting surgical teams with gowns and gloves and passing instruments to surgeons
- Monitor patients’ status during surgery, such as intake, output and loss of blood, and communicate and document any changes
- Clean and sterilize the operating room and instruments.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Licensed practical nurses.
NOC 3233 – Licensed practical nurses: example titles.
- certified nursing assistant (CNA)
- CNA (certified nursing assistant)
- graduate nursing assistant
- L.P.N. (licensed practical nurse)
- licensed nursing assistant
- licensed practical nurse (L.P.N.)
- nursing assistant (registered – Québec)
- operating room technician
- operating room technician – nursing
- R.N.A. (registered nursing assistant)
- R.P.N. (registered practical nurse)
- registered nursing assistant (R.N.A.)
- registered practical nurse (R.P.N.)
- surgical assistant, nursing
- surgical nursing assistant
- surgical technician – nursing
- technician, operating room – nursing
- technician, surgical – nursing
- Completion of a vocational, college or other approved program for licensed practical nurses is required.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required in all provinces and territories.
- Completion of a registration examination is required in all provinces and territories.
- Operating room technicians require additional academic training in operating room techniques.
- Working under the direction of a medical practitioner or registered nurse is not required for licensed practical nurses in all jurisdictions.
- Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (3413)
- Home health care workers (in 4412 Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com