NOC 3216 – Medical sonographers
To apply under NOC-3216 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Medical sonographers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Medical sonographers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate ultrasound imaging equipment that transmits high frequency sound pulses through the body to produce images of those parts of the body requiring examination
- Monitor examination by viewing images on video screen, to evaluate quality and consistency of diagnostic images, and make adjustments to equipment, as required
- Record, store and process scanned images by using camera unit connected to ultrasound equipment
- Observe and care for patients throughout examinations to ensure patient safety and comfort
- Prepare examination reports for physicians to aid in the monitoring of pregnancies and the diagnosis of cardiac, abdominal, ophthalmic, vascular and other disorders
- Perform quality control checks on ultrasound equipment to ensure proper operation and perform minor repairs and adjustments as required
- May supervise and train student and other medical sonographers.
Medical sonographers may specialize in abdominal, cardiac, cerebral, obstetrical and gynaecological, ophthalmic, intraluminal or peripheral vascular sonography. They may also specialize in adult or pediatric echocardiography or neurosonology.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Medical sonographers.
NOC 3216 – Medical sonographers: example titles.
- adult echocardiographer
- cardiac sonographer
- cardiac ultrasound technician
- cardiac ultrasound technologist
- chief diagnostic medical sonographer
- diagnostic cardiac sonographer
- diagnostic echography technician
- diagnostic medical sonographer
- diagnostic medical sonography instructor
- diagnostic ultrasonography technician
- diagnostic ultrasound supervisor
- diagnostic ultrasound technician
- diagnostic ultrasound technologist – medical
- echocardiography technician
- echocardiography technologist
- echocardiography technologist sonographer
- echography technician
- echography technologist
- instructor, diagnostic medical sonography
- medical sonographer
- medical sonographers supervisor
- pediatric echocardiographer
- RDMS (registered diagnostic medical sonographer)
- registered diagnostic cardiac sonographer
- registered diagnostic medical sonographer (RDMS)
- registered technologist, ultrasound
- registered ultrasound technologist
- sonographer – medical
- sonography technologist
- student medical sonographer
- student sonographer – medical
- supervisor, diagnostic ultrasound
- supervisor, medical sonographers
- technician, diagnostic echography
- technician, diagnostic ultrasonography
- technician, diagnostic ultrasound
- technician, echography
- technician, ultrasonography
- technician, ultrasound
- technologist, echography
- technologist, ultrasonography
- technologist, ultrasound
- ultrasonographer – medical
- ultrasonography technician
- ultrasonography technologist
- ultrasound supervisor
- ultrasound technician
- ultrasound technologist
- vascular sonographer
- Completion of a three- to four-year program in diagnostic medical sonography or ultrasound technology or Completion of a two- to three-year program in a related allied health field and a one-year post-diploma program in diagnostic medical sonography from an accredited institution are required.
- Registration with Sonography Canada and/or the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers is usually required by employers.
- Registration with l’Ordre des technologues en imagerie médicale, en radio-oncologie et en électrophysiologie médicale du Québec is required in Quebec.
- Membership in the Canadian Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers is available but voluntary.
- Medical radiation technologists (3215)
Saskatchewan Immigration Occupation List
Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com