NOC 3213 – Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians
To apply under NOC-3213 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
- Provide nursing care and rehabilitation therapy for animals
- Handle, restrain and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery
- Produce radiographs, collect and analyse samples and perform other laboratory tests to assist in diagnosis of animal health problems
- Assist veterinarian with animals before, during and following surgery by preparing surgical equipment, administering and monitoring anaesthetics and cleaning up after surgery
- Prepare and administer medications and vaccines under direction of a veterinarian
- Administer treatments as prescribed by a veterinarian
- Provide wound and bandage care
- Conduct specialized procedures such as animal identification and hoof trimming
- Educate and advise clients on animal health care including nutrition and home care
- Assist in laboratory research
- Perform routine animal dental procedures and assist veterinarians with animal dentistry
- May perform a variety of office management and clerical duties.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians.
NOC 3213 – Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians: example titles.
- (RAHT) registered animal health technologist
- animal care technician
- animal care technologist
- animal health technician
- animal health technician – agriculture
- animal health technologist
- animal health technologist supervisor
- animal operating room attendant
- attendant, animal operating room
- laboratory animal technician
- laboratory animal technologist
- laboratory technician, veterinary
- registered animal health technologist
- registered animal health technologist (RAHT)
- registered veterinary technician
- registered veterinary technician (RVT)
- technician, animal care
- technician, animal health
- technician, laboratory animals
- technician, veterinary
- technician, veterinary laboratory
- technologist, animal care
- technologist, animal health
- technologist, veterinary
- veterinarian assistant
- veterinary laboratory technician
- veterinary technician
- veterinary technician supervisor
- veterinary technologist
- Completion of a two- or three-year animal health/veterinary technology college program is required.
- Successful completion of a national registration examination may be required in some employment settings.
- Registration with provincial animal health technologists’ or veterinary technicians’ associations is available, and is mandatory in some provinces.
- With experience, animal health technologists and veterinary technicians may progress to supervisory positions.
- Pet groomers and animal care workers (6563)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com