NOC 3212 – Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants
To apply under NOC-3212 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Collect, sort and prepare blood, tissue and other samples from patients
- Log and validate patient samples and prepare them for testing
- Set up medical laboratory equipment
- Conduct routine laboratory tests and sample analyses
- Perform quality assurance of testing techniques
- Clean and maintain medical laboratory and medical laboratory equipment.
Pathologists’ assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare for autopsies by obtaining patients’ medical records and arranging for radiographic examinations
- Prepare, assist with or perform autopsies and surgical specimen examinations under pathologists’ supervision
- Dissect, examine, weigh, photograph and X-ray organs and specimens, collect tissue samples for chemical analysis and record findings
- Discard specimens according to established safety procedures
- Clean and maintain instruments, equipment and supplies
- Develop and maintain processes for laboratory quality control
- May prepare bodies for release to funeral homes following completion of autopsies
- May supervise and train junior resident pathologists and morgue attendants.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants.
NOC 3212 – Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants: example titles.
- aide, medical laboratory
- assistant, medical laboratory
- assistant, pathology
- biochemical technician – medical laboratory
- biological technician – medical laboratory
- cancer research technician
- clinical laboratory technician
- combined laboratory and x-ray technician
- community health technician – medical laboratory
- cytology technician
- epidemiology worker – medical laboratory
- helper, medical laboratory
- hematology technician – medical laboratory
- histology technician
- laboratory assistant – medical
- laboratory technician – medical
- medical laboratory aide
- medical laboratory assistant
- medical laboratory helper
- medical laboratory technical assistant
- medical laboratory technician
- morgue attendant supervisor
- pathology assistant
- phlebotomy aide
- technical assistant – medical laboratory
- technical assistant – pathology
- technician, blood bank
- Medical laboratory technicians/assistants require completion of a college certificate program in medical laboratory science.
- Certification by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science is usually required by employers for medical laboratory technicians/assistants.
- Combined laboratory and X-ray technicians require completion of a combined laboratory X-ray technology program.
- Pathologists’ assistants require some post-secondary courses or a university degree in life sciences and Specialized on-the-job training.
- Certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathology – Board of Certification or Pathologists’ Assistant Certification Examination is usually required by employers.
- Biological technicians in non-medical laboratories (in 2221 Biological technologists and technicians)
- Chemical technicians in non-medical laboratories (in 2211 Chemical technologists and technicians)
- Medical laboratory technologists (3211)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com