NOC 3144 – Other professional occupations in therapy
To apply under NOC-3144 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Other professional occupations in therapy.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Other professional occupations in therapy perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assess patients and review reports from physicians, physiotherapists, psychiatrists, counsellors, teachers and other professionals to determine patients’ current and potential functioning level
- Prepare individualized and group treatment plans either independently or through a multidisciplinary team approach, based on health concerns and on recommendations from physicians or other health professionals
- Design specialized therapy programs to maintain, rehabilitate or enhance movement, musculoskeletal functioning and performance in sports, work and recreation
- Implement treatment plans by carrying out specialized therapy sessions employing approaches and techniques such as art, drama and music therapy or dance, recreational, sports or other movement therapy
- Observe, record observations and analyze patients during treatment sessions, write progress reports on patient outcomes and consult with other health professionals to evaluate treatment plans
- May provide education to clients regarding health promotion and injury prevention, management and treatment
- May conduct research in respective field of specialization.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Other professional occupations in therapy.
NOC 3144 – Other professional occupations in therapy: example titles.
- analyst, movement – medical
- art therapist
- art therapists’ supervisor
- art therapy consultant
- art therapy teacher (except education)
- athletic therapist
- athletic trainer – therapy
- CAT (certified athletic therapist)
- certified athletic therapist (CAT)
- certified kinesiologist
- consultant, art therapy
- dance therapist
- dance therapists’ supervisor
- dance therapy researcher
- dance-movement therapist
- dance-movement therapy researcher
- drama therapist
- drama therapists’ supervisor
- DTR (registered dance therapist)
- exercise physiologist
- exercise therapist
- human kineticist
- movement analyst – medical
- movement therapist
- music therapist
- music therapists’ supervisor
- music therapy researcher
- recreational therapist
- registered dance therapist (DTR)
- registered kinesiologist
- remedial gymnast
- remedial gymnastics teacher (except education)
- remedial gymnasts’ supervisor
- remedial therapist
- researcher, dance therapy
- researcher, dance-movement therapy
- researcher, music therapy
- spontaneous art teacher – therapy
- supervisor, art therapists
- supervisor, dance therapists
- supervisor, drama therapists
- supervisor, music therapists
- supervisor, remedial gymnasts
- therapeutic recreationist
- therapist, art
- therapist, dance
- therapist, dance-movement
- therapist, drama
- therapist, movement
- therapist, music
- Kinesiologists usually require a master’s degree in kinesiology or human kinetics.
- Certification for kinesiologists is available through the Canadian Kinesiology Alliance.
- Athletic therapists require a bachelor’s degree in sport therapy, or a degree in health sciences with a specialization in sports injury management.
- Art therapists require a bachelor’s degree in psychology and a master’s degree in art therapy.
- Music therapists require a bachelor’s degree in psychology and a master’s degree in music therapy.
- Dance therapists require a bachelor’s degree in psychology, and usually require a master’s degree in art, drama or movement therapy.
- Recreational therapists usually require a bachelor’s degree in recreation with a specialization in therapeutic recreation.
- Supervised practical training is usually required for occupations in this unit group.
- Creative or technical ability in the field of specialization is usually required.
- Certification or membership with the appropriate national professional association or provincial counterpart may be required.
- There is no mobility between the different occupations in this unit group.
- Family, marriage and other related counsellors (4153)
- Occupational therapists (3143)
- Physiotherapists (3142)
- Recreation, sports and fitness policy researchers, consultants and program officers (4167)
- Technical assistants in therapy and assessment (in 3237 Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com