To apply under NOC-3142 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Physiotherapists.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Physiotherapists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assess patients’ physical abilities through evaluative procedures such as functional ability tests
- Establish treatment goals with patients based on physical diagnoses
- Plan and implement programs of physiotherapy including therapeutic exercise, manipulations, massage, education, the use of electro-therapeutic and other mechanical equipment and hydro-therapy
- Evaluate effectiveness of treatment plans and modify accordingly
- Provide advice on exercise and strategies to implement at home to enhance and or maintain treatment
- Communicate with referring physician and other healthcare professionals regarding patients’ problems, needs and progress
- Maintain clinical and statistical records and confer with other health care professionals
- Develop and implement health promotion programs for patients, staff and the community
- May conduct research in physiotherapy
- May provide consulting or education services.
Physiotherapists may focus their practice in particular clinical areas such as neurology, oncology, rheumatology, orthopedics, obstetrics, pediatrics, geriatrics, in the treatment of patients with cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary disorders, burns or sports injuries or in the field of ergonomics.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Veterinarians.
NOC 3142 – Physiotherapists: example titles.
- clinical co-ordinator, physical therapy
- clinical co-ordinator, physiotherapy
- clinical physical therapist
- clinical physiotherapist
- consultant physical therapist
- consultant physiotherapist
- physical rehabilitation therapist
- physical therapist
- physical therapist, research
- physical therapy clinical co-ordinator
- physical therapy clinical specialist
- physical therapy supervisor
- physiotherapist, research
- physiotherapy supervisor
- registered physical therapist
- registered physiotherapist
- research physical therapist
- research physiotherapist
- supervisor, physical therapy
- supervisor, physiotherapy
- therapist, physical rehabilitation
- A university degree in physiotherapy and a period of supervised practical training are required.
- Physical rehabilitation therapists, who are only found in Quebec, require completion of a 3 year college program.
- A licence or registration with a regulatory body is required in all provinces and territories.
- Completion of a physiotherapist competency examination is required in all provinces and territories.
- Progression to management positions, such as director of physiotherapy, is possible through experience and additional training.
- In Quebec, physical rehabilitation therapists cannot provide a diagnosis.
- Directors of physiotherapy (in 0311 Managers in health care)
- Physical rehabilitation technicians (in 3237 Other technical occupations in therapy and assessment)
Back to Find your NOC