NOC 3132 – Dietitians and nutritionists|Canada Immigration|Make Visas
To apply under NOC-3132 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Dietitians and nutritionists.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Dietitians and nutritionists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Develop, administer and supervise nutrition and food preparation and service programs in hospitals, nursing homes, schools, company cafeterias or similar settings
- Provide nutrition guidance, label interpretation and consultation services to health professionals, individuals, dietetic interns, community groups, government and the media
- Evaluate nutritional status of individuals and aid in the prevention and/or treatment of inadequate nutrition
- Plan, evaluate and conduct nutrition education programs and develop educational materials for various audiences
- Practice on an individual basis or as a member of an interdisciplinary team to determine nutritional needs of patients and to plan, implement and evaluate normal and therapeutic menus to maintain and enhance general health
- Analyze current scientific nutritional studies, conduct research and evaluate program effectiveness to improve the nutritional value, taste, appearance and preparation of food
- Work within industry in the development, testing and evaluation, and marketing of food and nutrition products or as a company representative supplying product related information to health professionals
- Confer with other health professionals, community groups, government and the media to provide consultation and advice in areas of nutrition interpretation, intervention and policy
- Supervise training of dietetic interns.
Dietitians and nutritionists may specialize in areas such as administrative dietetics, clinical dietetics, community dietetics, public health nutrition or research dietetics.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Dietitians and nutritionists.
NOC 3132 – Dietitians and nutritionists: example titles.
- administrative dietitian
- administrative nutritionist
- clinical dietitian
- clinical nutritionist
- community dietitian
- community nutritionist
- consultant dietitian
- consultant nutritionist
- dietetic consultant
- dietitian, administrative
- dietitian, community
- dietitian, consultant
- dietitian, professional
- dietitian, public health
- dietitian, registered
- dietitian, research
- dietitian, therapeutic
- dietitian/nutritionist, registered
- nutrition and dietetics researcher
- nutrition consultant
- nutrition researcher
- nutrition specialist
- nutritionist, administrative
- nutritionist, community
- nutritionist, consultant
- nutritionist, public health
- nutritionist, registered
- nutritionist, therapeutic
- P.Dt. (professional dietitian)
- private practice dietitian
- professional dietitian (P.Dt.)
- professional dietitian, registered
- professional nutritionist
- public health dietitian
- public health nutritionist
- RD (registered dietitian)
- RDN (registered dietitian-nutritionist)
- registered dietitian (RD)
- registered dietitian-nutritionist (RDN)
- registered nutritionist
- registered professional dietitian
- registered professional nutritionist
- research dietitian
- research nutritionist
- therapeutic dietitian
- therapeutic nutritionist
- Dietitians require a bachelor’s or master’s degree in dietetics, nutrition or a related field such as food and nutritional science or biochemistry and A period of supervised practical training.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required in all provinces for dietitians.
- Membership in the national association, Dietitians of Canada, may be required for dietitians to practise.
- Nutritionists usually require similar education and training as dietitians.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for nutritionists in Nova Scotia, (as a registered dietitian-nutritionist) in New Brunswick, Quebec and Alberta.
- Membership with the national association, Dietitians of Canada, and/or a provincial regulatory body is available for nutritionists who have the same education and practical training as dietitians.
- Dietitians and nutritionists may progress to management positions through additional experience.
- Dietary technicians (in 3219 Other medical technologists and technicians (except dental health))
- Directors of dietetics (in 0311 Managers in health care)
- Food service supervisors (6311)
- Home economists (in 4164 Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com