NOC 3131 – Pharmacists|Canada Immigration|Make Visas
To apply under NOC-3114 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Veterinarians.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Veterinarians perform some or all of the following duties:
Community pharmacists and hospital pharmacists
- Check prescriptions for proper dosage
- Compound prescribed pharmaceutical products by calculating, measuring and mixing the quantities of drugs and other ingredients required and filling appropriate containers with correct quantity
- Dispense prescribed pharmaceuticals to customers or to other health care professionals and advise them on indications, contra-indications, adverse effects, drug interactions and dosage
- Maintain medication profiles of customers including registry of poisons and narcotic and controlled drugs
- Ensure proper preparation, packaging, distribution and storage of vaccines, serums, biologicals and other drugs and pharmaceuticals
- Order and maintain stock of pharmaceutical supplies
- Advise customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication
- Renew existing prescriptions in limited circumstances
- May adapt the formulation, regimen, duration or route of administration of medication
- May supervise and co-ordinate the activities of other pharmacists, pharmacy assistants, pharmacy technicians and other staff.
- Participate in research for the development of new drugs
- Formulate new drug products developed by medical researchers
- Test new drug products for stability and to determine absorption and elimination patterns
- Co-ordinate clinical investigations of new drugs
- Control the quality of drug products during production to ensure that they meet standards of potency, purity, uniformity, stability and safety
- Develop information materials concerning the uses, properties and risks of particular drugs
- Evaluate labelling, packaging and advertising of drug products
- Promote pharmaceutical products to health professionals.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Veterinarians.
NOC 3114 – Veterinarians: example titles.
- clinical pharmacist
- community pharmacist
- dispensary department supervisor – hospital
- drug information pharmacist
- health care institution pharmacist
- hospital druggist
- hospital pharmacist
- industrial pharmacist
- intern pharmacist
- pharmacist consultant
- registered pharmacist
- retail pharmacist
- A university degree in pharmacy and a period of supervised practical training are required.
- Licensure is required in all provinces and territories for community and hospital pharmacists.
- Chemists (2112)
- Chiefs of pharmacy and pharmacy directors (in 0311 Managers in health care)
- Pharmaceutical sales representatives (in 6221 Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade)
- Pharmacologists (in <2121 Biologists and related scientists)
- Pharmacy and drugstore managers (in 0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers)
- Pharmacy technicians (in 3219< Other medical technologists and technicians (except dental health))
- Pharmacy aides (in 3414 Other assisting occupations in support of health services)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com