NOC 3121 – Optometrists|Canada Immigration|Make Visas
To apply under NOC-3121 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Optometrists.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Optometrists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Examine patients’ eyes, conduct tests and use ophthalmoscopes, biomicroscopes and other specialized instruments to determine ocular health and visual efficiency
- Prescribe and provide treatment (excluding surgery) to maintain, improve and correct vision and manage other ocular diseases and disorders
- Prescribe, dispense and fit eyeglasses, contact lenses and other visual aids
- Educate, counsel and advise patients on contact lens use and care, ocular hygiene, surgical and non-surgical options, and preventive care and maintenance related to occupation and lifestyle
- Refer patients to ophthalmologists or other physicians and surgeons for treatment of ocular diseases or conditions such as cataracts, glaucoma and macular degeneration and systemic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- May prescribe from a limited list of medications.
Optometrists may specialize in fitting visual aids for people who are partially blind, fitting contact lenses or correcting special vision problems.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Optometrists.
NOC 3121 – Optometrists: example titles.
- doctor of optometry (OD)
- OD (doctor of optometry)
- Three years of university undergraduate studies in sciences and A four- to five-year university program in optometry are required.
- Licensing by the provincial or territorial regulatory governing body is required.
- Ocularists (in 3219 Other medical technologists and technicians (except dental health))
- Ophthalmologists (in 3111 Specialist physicians)
- Opticians (3231)
- Orthoptists (in 3125 Other professional occupations in health diagnosing and treating)
- Optometric technicians or optometrist assistants (in 3414 Other assisting occupations in support of health services)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com