NOC 2272 – Air traffic controllers and related occupations
To apply under NOC-2272 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Air traffic controllers and related occupations.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Air traffic controllers and related occupations perform some or all of the following duties:
Air traffic controllers
- Control flow of air traffic within assigned airspace using radar monitors, radio and other communication equipment and visual references
- Issue aircraft takeoff and landing instructions to pilots and relay meteorological, navigational and other information to pilots in flight
- Maintain radio and telephone contact with adjacent control towers, terminal control units and other area control centres, and co-ordinate movement of aircraft into adjoining areas
- Alert airport emergency services when aircraft are experiencing difficulties and report missing aircraft to search and rescue services
- Direct activities of all moving aircraft and service vehicles on or near airport runways.
Flight service specialists
- Provide pre-flight information concerning current and forecast weather conditions, radio frequencies, terrain, airports and related data to assist pilots in preparation of flight plans
- Check flight plans for completeness and accuracy and forward flight plans to air traffic services facility
- Respond to radio calls from aircraft preparing for takeoff or landing and supply information such as weather conditions, wind speed and direction and presence of local air traffic
- Support air traffic control operations by relaying radio requests for flight clearances, arrival and departure information and position reports
- Alert airport emergency services of aircraft experiencing difficulties and initiate communication searches when aircraft become overdue
- Observe, record and report weather conditions at airports.
- Analyze environmental conditions and assess aircraft for load and fuel capacity and other factors to determine flight routes
- Brief flight crew before takeoff on weather conditions, status of navigational facilities and airports en route
- Co-sign flight authorization with aircraft captain
- Monitor progress of flight and communicate as required with aircraft during flight
- Delay or cancel flights if conditions warrant
- Prepare and maintain flight plans, flight logs and other reports.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Air traffic controllers and related occupations.
NOC 2272 – Air traffic controllers and related occupations: example titles.
- air traffic control assistant
- air traffic control chief
- air traffic control officer
- air traffic controller (ATC)
- air traffic controller, airport
- air traffic controller, enroute
- air traffic controller, terminal
- air traffic co-ordinator
- airline dispatcher
- airport air traffic controller
- assistant, air traffic control
- ATC (air traffic controller)
- chief air traffic controller
- controller, air traffic
- dispatcher, flights
- enroute air traffic controller
- flight dispatch assistant
- flight dispatcher
- flight operations officer
- flight service specialist (FSS)
- head air traffic controller
- instrument flight rules air traffic controller
- officer, air traffic control
- terminal air traffic controller
- tower controller – air traffic
- visual flight rules air traffic controller
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A basic radio telephone operator’s licence is required.
- Air traffic controllers and flight service specialists require completion of a NAV Canada training program which includes structured in-class and on-the-job training.
- Air traffic controllers require an air traffic controller’s licence.
- Flight dispatchers may require experience in air traffic control or flight operations and may require a private pilot’s licence.
- Air traffic controllers with experience and appropriate NAV Canada endorsements may move to units with higher volumes of air traffic.
- Railway traffic controllers and marine traffic regulators (2275)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com