NOC 2251 – Architectural technologists and technicians
To apply under NOC-2251 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Architectural technologists and technicians.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Architectural technologists and technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
- Assist in the development of architectural designs
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports
- Prepare manual and CAD (computer-assisted design) drawings, specifications, cost estimates and listings of quantities of material from conceptual drawings and instructions
- Construct architectural and display models, and 3-D virtual models of architectural designs
- Prepare contract and bidding documents
- May supervise drafters, technicians and technologists on the architectural team
- May supervise construction projects and co-ordinate, monitor and inspect work done by others.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Architectural technologists and technicians.
NOC 2251 – Architectural technologists and technicians: example titles.
- architectural assistant
- architectural design technician
- architectural design technologist
- architectural technician
- architectural technologist
- assistant, architectural
- registered building technician
- registered building technologist
- residential buildings technologist
- technician, architectural
- technologist, architectural
- technologist, residential buildings
- Completion of a two- to three-year college program in architectural technology or a related subject is usually required.
- Certification in architectural technology or in a related field through provincial associations of architectural or engineering/applied science technologists and technicians may be required by employers.
- A period of supervised work experience, usually two years, is required before certification.
- Membership in the provincial regulatory body is mandatory in British Columbia.
- In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body for professional technologists is required to use the title “Professional Technologist.”
- There is mobility to other related occupations such as drafters, civil engineering technologists and technicians, construction estimators and construction inspectors.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Architects (2151)
- Civil engineering technologists and technicians (2231)
- Construction estimators (2234)
- Construction inspectors (2264)
- Construction managers (0711)
- Drafting technologists and technicians (2253)
- Land survey technologists and technicians (2254)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com