NOC – 2243 – Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
To apply under NOC-2243 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics perform some or all of the following duties:
- Consult manufacturer’s manuals, circuit diagrams and blueprints to determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing
- Inspect and test operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments
- Repair and adjust system components, such as sensors, transmitters and programmable logic controllers, or remove and replace defective parts
- Calibrate components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance work and complete test and maintenance reports
- Install control and measurement instruments on existing and new plant equipment and processes
- Consult with and advise process operators.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics.
NOC 2241 – Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics: example titles.
- apprentice industrial instrument mechanic
- apprentice instrument mechanic
- control technician, nuclear generating station and heavy water plant
- heavy water plant control technician
- industrial instrument mechanic
- industrial instrument panel repairer
- industrial process control equipment repairer
- instrument maintenance mechanic
- instrument mechanic – utilities
- instrument technician, industrial
- instrumentation and electrical technician, industrial
- instrumentation technician, industrial
- mechanic, industrial instrument
- nuclear generating station and heavy water plant control technician
- nucleonic controller repairer
- precision instrument mechanic
- process control equipment mechanic
- process control equipment repairer
- repairer, industrial process control equipment
- repairer, nucleonic controllers
- service technician, industrial instruments
- service technician, process control equipment
- technician, industrial instruments
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a four- or five-year apprenticeship program in industrial instrument repair or Completion of a two-year college program in industrial instrumentation technology and several years of work experience are usually required for trade certification.
- Instrumentation and control technician trade certification is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and territories, except in Quebec.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified instrumentation and control technicians upon successful completion of the inter provincial Red Seal examination.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Aircraft instrument technicians (in 2244 Aircraft instrument, electrical and avionics mechanics, technicians and inspectors)
- Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians (2241)
- Industrial mechanics (in 7311 Construction millwrights and industrial mechanics)
- Measurement technician – oil and gas inspection (in 2262 Engineering inspectors and regulatory officers)
Saskatchewan Immigration Occupation List
Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com