Home / Canada Immigration / NOC – 2231 – Civil engineering technologists & technicians

NOC – 2231 – Civil engineering technologists & technicians

To apply under NOC-2231 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Civil engineering technologists & technicians.

Required roles and responsibilities:-

Civil engineering technologists & technicians perform some or all of the following duties:

Civil engineering technologists

  • Develop conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches
  • Prepare construction specifications, cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
  • Supervise or conduct field surveys, inspections or technical investigations of topography, soils, drainage and water supply systems, road and highway systems, buildings and structures to provide data for engineering projects
  • Conduct or supervise inspection and testing of construction materials
  • May supervise, monitor and inspect construction projects.

You can also see the required titles to apply as a Civil engineering technologists & technicians. 

NOC 2231 – Civil engineering technologists & technicians: example titles.

  • agricultural engineering technician
  • air pollution field technician
  • architectural and engineering technologists and technicians supervisor
  • bridge design technician
  • building materials technician
  • civil engineering design technologist
  • civil engineering studies technologist
  • civil engineering technician
  • civil engineering technologist
  • concrete technician
  • construction engineering technician
  • construction requirements writer
  • construction specifications writer
  • construction technician
  • construction technician – civil engineering
  • construction technologist
  • design technologist, civil engineering
  • environmental technician
  • field technician, air pollution
  • foundation technologist
  • highway construction materials testing technician
  • highway technician
  • highway traffic technician
  • land use technician
  • materials testing technician
  • materials testing technologist
  • measures technician
  • municipal engineering assistant
  • noise abatement technician
  • noise reduction technician
  • pollution control technician
  • railway technician
  • road technician
  • road traffic technician
  • soil technologist – civil engineering
  • soil testing technologist
  • soil testing technologist – civil engineering
  • solid waste disposal technician
  • specifications writer, construction
  • structural design technologist
  • structural engineering technician
  • structural investigator
  • supervisor, architectural and engineering technologists
    and technicians
  • technician, agricultural engineering
  • technician, bridge design
  • technician, building materials
  • technician, civil engineering
  • technician, concrete
  • technician, construction
  • technician, construction engineering
  • technician, environmental
  • technician, highway
  • technician, highway traffic
  • technician, materials testing
  • technician, noise abatement
  • technician, noise reduction
  • technician, pollution control
  • technician, railway
  • technician, road traffic
  • technician, solid waste disposal
  • technician, structural engineering
  • technician, urban planning
  • technician, water distribution systems
  • technologist, civil engineering
  • technologist, civil engineering studies
  • technologist, construction
  • technologist, materials testing
  • technologist, soil testing
  • technologist, structural design
  • technologist, traffic
  • testing technician, highway construction materials
  • traffic technician – civil engineering
  • traffic technologist
  • urban planning technician
  • water distribution systems technician

Employment Requirements

  • Completion of a two- or three-year college program in civil engineering technology or a closely related discipline is usually required for civil engineering technologists.
  • Completion of a one- or two-year college program in civil engineering technology is usually required for civil engineering technicians.
  • Certification in civil engineering technology or in a related field is available through provincial associations of engineering/applied science technologists and technicians and may be required for some positions.
  • A period of supervised work experience, usually two years, is required before certification.
  • In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body for professional technologists is required to use the title “Professional Technologist.”

Additional Information

  • There is mobility to related occupations, such as drafting technologists and technicians and construction inspectors and estimators.
  • Progression to construction supervisors or construction managers is possible with experience.


  • Architectural technologists and technicians (2251)
  • Construction estimators (2234)
  • Construction inspectors (2264)
  • Construction managers (0711)
  • Drafting technologists and technicians (2253)
  • Land survey technologists and technicians (2254)
  • Urban and land use planners (2153)

Saskatchewan Immigration Occupation List

Find your NOC

Canada Immigration

make visas

BlogsLatest Blogs
BlogsLatest News

Your First Step to Successful Immigration to Canada Immigration


get in touch with us

Contact Make Visas and get an expert opinion for all your migration needs with an unmatched assistance from our
renowned Immigration Consultants.

Additional info

If you have any further query regarding our services or would like to
know more about any visa program,please email us or call us.
We’ll get in touch with you within 24 hours

VMake Visas Pvt. Ltd.

Ever since the early man learnt how to travel, he has been moving from place to place to find a place that suits his needs the best and once he finds that place, he settles there. The only difference between the early man and the modern man is that we don’t really need to physically travel to the place to know that it will give us a good home. Everything is always just a click away. So we at make Visas are just one call away for all your foreign immigration queries. We deal with various visa categories for countries like Canada, Australia, Hong Kong, Germany, Denmark, UK, USA, New Zealand, etc. At the most reasonable and the lowest consultancy rates in the market.

All you have to do is just give us a call or fill out an assessment form.

Contact Us

Delhi: 011-48414141

Pune: 020-67299393


Business Hours


9:30 AM to 6:30 PM


Make Visas Immigration Experts are MARA/MIA Registered and Assure Perfection in their Service.

New zealand

Make Visas Partner Organization in New Zealand is Licensed to serve the best Immigration Service.


Make Visas has Immigration Support from Regulatory bodies like ICCRC Canada


Make Visas Immigration Consultants are OISC Certified and deliver Internaitional Migration Approach


Make Visas have Partner Company in Hongkong offering Top Immigration across the Globe