NOC – 2225 – Landscape and horticulture technicians
To apply under NOC-2225 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Landscape and horticulture technicians.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Landscape and horticulture technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
- Arborists and tree service technicians examine trees and shrubs to diagnose problems and disease, and apply various treatments such as pruning, spraying, repairing damaged areas and injecting with treatment solutions.
- Golf course superintendents direct crews who maintain the health and appearance of golf courses and their surrounding landscapes, plant and move trees, and apply fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides.
- Horticulturists plan and co-ordinate the growth and use of plants for landscaping, ornamental uses and other purposes.
- Landscape designers and landscape architectural technicians and technologists survey and assess sites, prepare drawings, sketches and reports and perform other duties to assist landscape architects in designing landscaped environments.
- Landscape gardeners plant and maintain private and public lawns and gardens.
- Landscapers plan and construct landscaped environments which may include trees, shrubberies, lawns, fences, decks, patios and other landscape structures.
- Lawn care specialists visit clients, assess the health of lawns, and apply fertilizer, pesticides and other lawn care products.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Landscape and horticulture technicians .
NOC 2225 – Landscape and horticulture technicians: example titles.
- gardener, landscape
- golf course superintendent
- greens superintendent
- horticultural technician
- horticultural technologist
- horticulture specialist
- horticulture technician
- horticulture technologist
- hydroponics technician
- interior plantscape specialist
- irrigation technician (except agriculture)
- landscape architectural technician
- landscape architectural technologist
- landscape designer
- landscape gardener
- landscape technician
- lawn care specialist
- lawn care superintendent
- plant doctor
- plantscape technician
- superintendent, greens
- tree and shrub specialist
- tree service technician
- turfgrass management specialist
- Completion of a university or college program in agronomy, arboriculture, horticulture, landscaping, landscape design or landscape technology is usually required.
- Experience as a landscape and grounds maintenance labourer may be required for golf course superintendents, landscape gardeners and landscapers.
- An apprenticeship program is available for horticulturists, arboriculturists and landscape gardeners.
- Trade certification for landscape horticulturists is available, but voluntary, in all provinces.
- A provincial licence to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides may be required.
- In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body is required to use the title of Professional Technologist.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified landscape horticulturists upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- The Red Seal endorsement allows for interprovincial mobility.
- Biological technologists and technicians (2221)
- Botanists (in 2121 Biologists and related scientists)
- Contractors and supervisors, landscaping, grounds maintenance and horticulture services (8255)
- Forestry technologists and technicians (2223)
- Landscape architects (2152)
- Managers in horticulture (0822)
- Nursery and greenhouse workers (<8432)
Saskatchewan Immigration Occupation List
Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com