NOC 2173 – Software engineers and designers
To apply under NOC-2173 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Software engineers and designers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Software engineers and designers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Collect and document users’ requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems including mobile applications
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems including mobile applications
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- May lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Survey interviewers and statistical clerks.
NOC 2173 – Software engineers and designers: example titles.
- application architect
- artificial intelligence (AI) designer
- artificial intelligence designer
- computer applications engineer
- computer software engineer
- computer telecommunications software specialist
- design engineer, software
- designer, software
- embedded software engineer
- engineer, software
- simulation software design engineer
- software architect
- software design engineer
- software design supervisor
- software design verification engineer
- software designer
- software engineer
- software systems designer
- software systems integration engineer
- software technical architect
- software testing engineer
- specialist, telecommunications software
- supervisor, software design
- systems applications engineer
- systems designer – software
- systems engineer – software
- systems integration engineer – software
- technical architect – software
- telecommunications software engineer
- telecommunications software specialist
- test engineer, software
- testing engineer, software
- A bachelor’s degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in a related discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination.
- Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
- Computer and information systems managers (0213)
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) (2147)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (2174)
- Database analysts and data administrators (2172)
- Electrical and electronics engineers (2133)
- Information systems analysts and consultants (2171)
- Information systems testing technicians (2283)
- Web designers and developers (2175)
Saskatchewan Immigration Occupation List
Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com