NOC 2145 – Petroleum engineers|Canada Immigration|Make Visas
To apply under NOC-2145 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Petroleum engineers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Petroleum engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct feasibility assessment studies for developing new oil and gas fields
- Direct and monitor oil and gas drilling operations
- Develop drilling programs, select sites and specify drilling fluids, bit selection, drill stem testing procedures and equipment
- Direct and monitor the completion and evaluation of wells, well testing and well surveys
- Design and select artificial lift machinery, and well and surface production equipment and systems, and specify programs for corrosion control and oil or gas treatment
- Develop specifications for and monitor and supervise well modification and stimulation programs to maximize oil and gas recovery
- Analyze reservoir rock and fluid data to design optimum recovery methods and to predict reservoir performance and reserves
- Monitor and forecast oil and gas reservoir performance and recommend oil recovery techniques which extend the economic life of wells
- Design, develop and co-ordinate the installation, maintenance and operation of subsea well-head and production equipment.
Petroleum engineers may specialize in drilling, production, reservoir analysis or subsea operations.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Petroleum engineers.
NOC 2145 – Petroleum engineers: example titles.
- chief engineer, drilling and recovery
- chief petroleum engineer
- drilling and recovery chief engineer
- drilling and recovery petroleum engineer
- drilling engineer, oil and gas
- engineer, natural gas
- engineer, oil and gas drilling
- engineer, petroleum
- engineer, petroleum production
- engineer, petroleum well completion
- exploitation engineer – oil and gas
- exploitation engineer – petroleum
- logging engineer, oil wells
- mud engineer
- mud engineer – petroleum drilling
- natural gas engineer
- offshore drilling engineer
- offshore drilling rig subsea equipment engineer
- oil well logging engineer
- petroleum engineer
- petroleum engineer, completion
- petroleum engineer, drilling and recovery
- petroleum engineer, production
- petroleum production engineer
- petroleum well completion engineer
- production engineer, oil and gas
- reservoir engineer, petroleum
- subsea engineer
- subsea equipment engineer, offshore drilling rig
- well logging engineer
- A bachelor’s degree in petroleum engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
- A master’s degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
- There is mobility between petroleum engineering specializations at the less senior levels.
- Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience.
- Engineers often work in a multidisciplinary environment and acquire knowledge and skills through work experience that may allow them to practice in associated areas of science, engineering, sales, marketing or management.
- Chemical engineers (2134)
- Contractors and supervisors, oil and gas drilling and services (8222)
- Engineering managers (0211)
- Geological engineers (2144)
- Geoscientists and oceanographers (2113)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com