NOC 2144 – Geological engineers|Canada Immigration|Make Visas
To apply under NOC-2144 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Geological engineers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Geological engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, develop and co-ordinate programs of geotechnical, geological, geophysical or geohydrological data acquisition, analysis and mapping to assist in the development of civil engineering, mining, petroleum and waste management projects or for regional development
- Analyze and prepare recommendations and reports for construction or improvements to foundations of civil engineering projects such as rock excavation, pressure grouting and hydraulic channel erosion control
- Analyze and prepare recommendations and reports on settlement of buildings, stability of slopes and fills, and probable effects of landslides and earthquakes to support construction and civil engineering projects
- Conduct theoretical and applied study of groundwater flow and contamination and develop prescriptions for site selection, treatment and construction
- Plan, develop, co-ordinate and conduct theoretical and experimental studies in mining exploration, mine evaluation and feasibility studies relative to the mining industry
- Conduct surveys and studies of ore deposits, ore reserve calculations and mine design
- Design, develop and implement computer applications for geophysics, geochemistry, geology, mapping and related fields
- Supervise technologists, technicians and other engineers and scientists.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Geological engineers.
NOC 2144 – Geological engineers: example titles.
- engineer, geological
- engineer, geophysical
- engineer, geotechnical
- geological engineer
- geophysical engineer
- geotechnical engineer
- hydrogeological engineer – engineering
- hydrogeology engineer – engineering
- supervising engineer – petrography
- supervising engineer – rock sciences
- A bachelor’s degree in geological engineering or in a related discipline is required.
- A master’s degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
- There is considerable mobility between engineering specializations at the less senior levels.
- Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience.
- Geological engineers work closely with geologists and other scientists and engineers, and mobility is possible between some fields of specialization.
- Engineers often work in a multidisciplinary environment and acquire knowledge and skills through work experience that may allow them to practice in associated areas of science, engineering, sales, marketing or management.
- Civil engineers (2131)
- Engineering managers (0211)
- Geoscientists and oceanographers (2113)
- Land Surveyors (2154)
- Mining engineers (2143)
- Petroleum engineers (2145)
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com