NOC 2143 – Mining engineers|Canada Immigration|Make Visas
To apply under NOC-2143 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Mining engineers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Mining engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct preliminary surveys and studies of ore, mineral or coal deposits to assess the economic and environmental feasibility of potential mining operations
- Determine the appropriate means of safely and efficiently mining deposits
- Determine and advise on appropriate drilling and blasting methods for mining, construction or demolition
- Design shafts, ventilation systems, mine services, haulage systems and supporting structures
- Design, develop and implement computer applications such as for mine design, mine modelling, mapping or for monitoring mine conditions
- Plan and design or select mining equipment and machinery and mineral treatment machinery and equipment in collaboration with other engineering specialists
- Plan, organize and supervise the development of mines and mine structures and the operation and maintenance of mines
- Prepare operations and project estimates, schedules and reports
- Implement and co-ordinate mine safety programs
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of technicians, technologists, survey personnel, and other engineers and scientists.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Mining engineers.
NOC 2143 – Mining engineers: example titles.
- consulting mining engineer
- engineer, mineral
- engineer, mining
- exploration engineer, mines
- mine design engineer
- mine development engineer
- mine layout engineer
- mine planning engineer
- mine production engineer
- mine safety engineer
- mine ventilation engineer
- mineral dressing engineer
- mineral engineer
- mines exploration engineer
- mining engineer
- A bachelor’s degree in mining engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
- A master’s degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
- Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience.
- Mining engineers work closely with geologists, geological engineers, metallurgical engineers, and other engineers and scientists, and mobility is possible between some fields of specialization.
- Engineers often work in a multidisciplinary environment and acquire knowledge and skills through work experience that may allow them to practise in associated areas of science, engineering, sales, marketing or management.
- Engineering managers (0211)
- Geological engineers (2144)
- Geoscientists and oceanographers (2113)
- Metallurgical and materials engineers (2142)
- Mine managers (in 0811 Managers in natural resources production and fishing)
- Petroleum engineers (2145)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com