NOC 2142 – Metallurgical and materials engineers
To apply under NOC-2142 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Metallurgical and materials engineers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Metallurgical and materials engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct studies and design, develop and specify the processes, and machinery to concentrate, extract, refine and process metals from ores
- Conduct studies on the properties and characteristics of materials and design, develop and specify processes for moulding, shaping, forming and thermal treatment of metals, alloys and metallic systems, ceramics, semiconducting and other materials
- Conduct chemical and physical analytical studies, failure analyses and other studies and recommend material selection, design of materials, corrosion control measures, operational testing and other procedures
- Co-ordinate production testing and control of metal refining, smelting or foundry operations or non-metallic materials production operations
- Supervise technologists, technicians and other engineers and scientists.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Metallurgical and materials engineers.
NOC 2142 – Metallurgical and materials engineers: example titles.
- ceramics engineer
- coal preparation consulting engineer
- corrosion engineer
- electrometallurgical engineer
- engineer, ceramics
- engineer, materials
- extractive engineer
- extractive metallurgy engineer
- foundry engineer
- hydrometallurgical engineer
- materials engineer
- metallurgical engineer
- physical metallurgical engineer
- pyrometallurgical engineer
- refining and metalworking engineer
- smelter engineer, minerals
- smelting plant engineer
- welding engineer
- A bachelor’s degree in metallurgical, materials, ceramic or chemical engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
- A master’s degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
- Metallurgical engineers research and develop new alloys and systems for extracting metal from ores; materials engineers research and develop new non-metallic materials with physical characteristics to meet specific requirements.
- There is considerable mobility between engineering specializations at the less senior levels.
- Supervisory and senior positions in this unit group require experience.
- Metallurgical and materials engineers work closely with other engineers and scientists and mobility is possible between some fields of specialization.
- Engineers often work in a multidisciplinary environment and acquire knowledge and skills through work experience that may allow them to practice in associated areas of science, engineering, sales, marketing or management.
- Chemical engineers (2134)
- Chemists (2112)
- Engineering managers (0211)
- Mining engineers (2143)
- Physical metallurgists and materials scientists (in 2115 Other professional occupations in physical sciences)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com